ARENA conducts theoretically founded and empirically informed research on the emerging European political order. We ask the questions:
- What are the basic characteristics and the key components of the new emerging order?
- How it is this new order transformed?
- What are the implications for member state governing arrangements and for the citizens of Europe?
Find a researcher
Search for name or research topic keywords
- Journalism, truth and the restoration of trust in democracy: The EU's anti-fake news strategy from a public sphere perspective
- Taking the ‘citizen’ out of ‘citizen participation’? The discursive, legal, and practical challenges of reconstructing citizen-driven EU contestation in the digital media sphere
- New roles for national parliaments after Lisbon: The communication function of national parliaments in EU affairs
- The role of actors in the legitimation or delegitimation of MLG structures: A claims-making analysis of the politicisation and depoliticisation of EU state aid policy
- Crisis and constraint: The European Commission’s response to Covid-19
- The role of EU policy in advancing migrant women’s labour market integration
ARENA Tuesday seminar: Lucy Kinski
Sep. 28, 2021 1:15 PM
Lucy Kinski presents the paper 'Who talks to whom and who doesn't? Using social network models to understand debate networks in the European Parliament' at the ARENA Tuesday seminar on 28 September 2021.
ARENA Tuesday seminar: Anne Rasmussen
Oct. 12, 2021 1:15 PM
Anne Rasmussen presents the paper 'The Unequal Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Political Interest Representation' co-authored with Gregory Eady at the ARENA Tuesday seminar on 12 October 2021.
ARENA Tuesday seminar: R. Daniel Kelemen
Oct. 26, 2021 1:15 PM
R. Daniel Kelemen will present at the ARENA Tuesday seminar on 26 October 2021.