Jan Zielonka, Professor of European Politics at Oxford University, will discuss his latest book Counter Revolution: Liberal Europe in Retreat at an ARENA event on 18 September 2018 at Fritt Ord.
A research group at ARENA Centre for European Studies headed by Prof. John Erik Fossum has succeeded in a highly competitive bid for international research funding. ARENA is celebrating its success.
The European Central Bank in 2012 saved the euro in the short term, but new research by ARENA's Jørgen Bølstad suggests that the ECB’s new role as a "lender of last resort" may also prevent future crises!
If the EU admits that it is a federation, the Union might be better able to strike the right balance between the supranational and national levels. Professor John Erik Fossum wants to revive the controversial concept.
ARENA is excited about the flying start of our Horizon2020 project PLATO, a PhD network that studies the EU's legitimacy in the wake of the financial crisis.
- ARENA at Arendalsuka 2018 Sep. 18, 2018
- ARENA granted H2020 project on Europe's political future Aug. 20, 2018
- The European Union – between Scylla and Charybdis? June 18, 2018
- Special Issue: The changing role of non-majoritarian institutions in Europe Sep. 18, 2018
- The Case of the European Central Bank Sep. 18, 2018