The more irregular noises you hear in the background, the harder your brain has to work to direct your attention to what is important. It does this by learning to anticipate the unforeseen.
New research at the Department of Psychology has revealed a dramatic increase in loneliness and symptoms of anxiety and depression as a result of the pandemic restrictions. Women and young people are the hardest hit.
Cathrine Thorleifsson, who is conducting research on the far right at the Centre for Research on Extremism (C-REX) believes that old hatreds could resurface during the coronavirus pandemic.
- ARENA Centre for European Studies
- TIK - Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture
- C-REX - Center for Research on Extremism
- ESOP Centre of Equality, Social Organization, and Performance
- UiO Energy
- OSIRIS - Oslo Institute for Research on the Impact of Science
- LCBC - Centre for Lifespan Changes in Brain and Cognition
- RITMO Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time and Motion
Newsletter from UiO:Life Science September 2021
Sep. 15, 2021
Research Assistants wanted for two projects on autocratic politics
Sep. 10, 2021
We are recruiting 4-5 research assistants (RAs) for two research projects, involving several researchers at the Department of Political Science, UiO. The positions are part-time, tasks are varied, and training/work may begin already in October for some of the recruited RAs.