The more irregular noises you hear in the background, the harder your brain has to work to direct your attention to what is important. It does this by learning to anticipate the unforeseen.
New research at the Department of Psychology has revealed a dramatic increase in loneliness and symptoms of anxiety and depression as a result of the pandemic restrictions. Women and young people are the hardest hit.
Cathrine Thorleifsson, who is conducting research on the far right at the Centre for Research on Extremism (C-REX) believes that old hatreds could resurface during the coronavirus pandemic.
- ARENA Centre for European Studies
- TIK - Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture
- C-REX - Center for Research on Extremism
- ESOP Centre of Equality, Social Organization, and Performance
- UiO Energy
- OSIRIS - Oslo Institute for Research on the Impact of Science
- LCBC - Centre for Lifespan Changes in Brain and Cognition
- RITMO Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time and Motion
Project "Anthropogenic Soils" receives funding for interdiciplinary research
Jan. 19, 2022
Prof. Susanne Bauer (TIK) is research partner in the project "Anthropogenic Soils. Recuperating Human-Soil Relationships on a Troubled Planet", funded by the Norwegian Research Council’s program for Large-scale Interdisciplinary Projects.
Research Assistant wanted for research on nuclear weapons disarmament and nonproliferation
Jan. 12, 2022
We are recruiting 1 full time research assistant to assist with research and administrative tasks focusing on nuclear disarmament and nonproliferation at the Department of Political Science, UiO. The position is funded by Alva Myrdal Center. The main tasks will include background research, archival research (in Norwegian archives), administrative assistance and web design.