ARENA conducts theoretically founded and empirically informed research on the emerging European political order. We ask the questions:
- What are the basic characteristics and the key components of the new emerging order?
- How it is this new order transformed?
- What are the implications for member state governing arrangements and for the citizens of Europe?
Find a researcher
Search for name or research topic keywords
- Journalism, truth and the restoration of trust in democracy: The EU's anti-fake news strategy from a public sphere perspective
- Taking the ‘citizen’ out of ‘citizen participation’? The discursive, legal, and practical challenges of reconstructing citizen-driven EU contestation in the digital media sphere
- New roles for national parliaments after Lisbon: The communication function of national parliaments in EU affairs
- The role of actors in the legitimation or delegitimation of MLG structures: A claims-making analysis of the politicisation and depoliticisation of EU state aid policy
- Crisis and constraint: The European Commission’s response to Covid-19
- The role of EU policy in advancing migrant women’s labour market integration
ARENA Tuesday seminar: R. Daniel Kelemen (online)
Oct. 26, 2021 1:15 PM
R. Daniel Kelemen presents the paper 'Where Have the Guardians Gone? Law Enforcement and the Politics of Forbearance in the European Union' co-authored with Tom Pavone at the ARENA Tuesday seminar on 26 October 2021.
Towards 'Polexit'? The rule of law crisis in Poland and the existential crisis of the European Union
Nov. 11, 2021 6:00 PM
Adam Bodnar, former Polish Ombudsman for Citizen Rights, will hold the 2021 ARENA lecture on 11 November.
ARENA Tuesday seminar: Bjørn Høyland
Nov. 16, 2021 1:15 PM
Bjørn Høyland presents the paper 'Voting in the European Parliament' at the ARENA Tuesday seminar on 16 November 2021.