- Emotional development
- Social cognition
- Peer interaction
- Qualitative method
- Cross-cultural studies
- Current - Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Psychology, University of Oslo
- Phd in Psychology - "Impact of Children's Theory of Mind on their social interaction and cognitive performance in cooperative problem-solving tasks - Department of Psychology, UiO (Supervisors: Francisco Pons, Evalill Karevold and Imac Zambrana)
- Master in Psychology - Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil, February 2008
Awards and Grants
- 2022: Research strategic funding (PI), Department of Psychology, UiO
- 2021: Research strategic funding (Collaborator), Department of Psychology, UiO
- 2021: Teaching strategic funding (PI), Department of Psychology, UiO
- 2021: UTFORSK - Norwegian Directorate for Higher Education and Skills. Coordinator of the Project: "Psychology across cultures: new horizons for teaching and research collaboration between Norway and Brazil"
- 2011: Teaching prize, Department of Psychology, Federal University of Pernambuco - Brazil
- 2009: Teaching prize, Department of Psychology, Federal University of Pernambuco - Brazil
- 2004: Research award for students in Human Science, Department of Psychology, Federal University of Pernambuco - Brazil
- PSY1200/PSYC1220 - Introduction do Developmental Psychology (Course coordinator and lecturer)
- PSY2206 - Cognition, emotion and language (Course coordinator and lecturer)
- PSY3200 - Developmental Psychology
- PSY4205 - Forebygging av psykiske vansker hos barn og unge
- 3 PhD supervisions: Emotion development and qualitative methods
- 6 Master supervisions: parenting, beliefs about emotions and qualitative methods
- 2021 - Visiting professor, University of Milano, Italy
- 2021 - Invited talk: Impact of culture on emotion understanding, Department of Education, University of Oxford
- 2021 - Invited talk: Teacher's beliefs about emotions: does culture play a role?, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- 2020 - Visiting professor, University of Turin, Italy
- 2019 - Invited talk: New ways of teaching: How to engage students in large group lectures. Faculty of Social Sciences, UiO.
- Norway: Francisco Pons (UiO), Evalill Bølstad (UiO), Egil Nygaard (UiO), Tone Kristine Hermansen
- Brazil: Maria Isabel Pedrosa (UFPE), Claudia Berlin (UNIFESP), Sabine Pompéia (UNIFESP), Juliana Lucena (UPE)
- Italy: Daniela Bulgarelli (University of Torino), Veronica Ornaghi (University of Milan)
- Russia: Aleksander Veraksa (Lomonosov Moscow State University)
- USA: Paul Harris (Havard University)
Porpino Viana, Karine Maria; Lucena, Juliana; Zambrana, Imac Maria; Harris, Paul. L. & Pons Piulats, Francisco Maria
Children's emotion understanding and cooperative problem-solving in educational settings.
In Dukes, D.; Samson, A. & Walle, E. (Ed.),
Handbook of Emotional Development.
Oxford University Press.
Viana, Karine Maria; Chams, Camilla & Pons, Francisco
Development of the Representations of the Mother-Child Attachment Relationship in Western Literature from 1945-2018.
Viana, Karine Maria; Zambrana, Imac Maria; Karevold, Evalill Bølstad & Pons, Francisco
What is Theory of Mind for? Impact of children's understanding of the mind on their social interactions and performance in cooperative problem-solving tasks.
Viana, Karine Maria; Zambrana, Imac Maria; Veraksa, A; Karevold, Evalill Bølstad & Pons, Francisco
Attachment style and information seeking preference in
View all works in Cristin
Published Dec. 8, 2011 9:00 AM
- Last modified Sep. 28, 2022 2:58 PM