Overarching strategic goals
The goal is reached by:
- conducting research at a high international level
- offering research-based education at the highest international level through Bachelor, Master's, and PhD studies
- participate in communication and exchange of knowledge with the broader society.
If the goals is reached, the department will:
- be a renown and notable contributor to and conveyor of new knowledge
- be recognized nationally and internationally as a leading research- and educational institution
- assume a central position in the education of economists and help ensure they on the basis of their education possess good career prospects
- be open to the national and international sphere
- be a well-functioning and attractive place to work for employees of all groups as well as guests, and have a well-functioning and attractive student community.
For a detailed overview of strategic plans, please see the Norwegian web site.