Panel on Responsible Research in the Life Sciences
The Science Studies Colloquium Series Forum organises a panel discussion about Responsible Research in the Life Science. Kristin Asdal, Susanne Bauer and Silje Morsman from TIK participate.
Interdisciplinary research within the life sciences is in demand, and more and more funding bodies require collaboration among researchers from different disciplines. However, many researchers find it hard to create truly interdisciplinary projects that can create new areas of knowledge and new opportunities. In this panel conversation, the Sciences Studies Colloquium aims to promote a practical discussion on how to proceed if one wants to create good and truly interdisciplinary projects. We have invited four of the interdisciplinary projects that were selected to be Convergence Environments in the last call to tell about their process.
- Short introduction on Responsible Research and Innovation by Silje Morsman
- Short presentation from each of the following Convergence Environments:
- Epigenetics and bioethics of human embryonic development by Kari Solbrække
- Comparative immunology of fish and humans (COMPARE) by Kristin Asdal
- Personalised cancer therapies (PERCATHE) by Anna Smajdor
- Combining social and natural sciences to understand and manage global anthropogenic toxicants (AnthroTOX ) by Ruth Prince and Susanne Bauer
- Questions and discussion with the public. Kristin Asdal and Anne Kveim Lie will chair the discussion.
For more information, please visit the Science Studies Colloquium Series webpage.