The promises and premises of mission-oriented innovation policy: A reflection and ways forward
Sep. 6, 2021 1:41 PM
Mission-oriented innovation policies has become a topic of much debate recently. In this research perspective, the authors reflect on reflect on what missions are, their positive and negative effects, and how they can be studied empirically.
Servitisation on consumer markets: entry and strategy in Dutch private lease markets
Sep. 6, 2021 1:32 PM
Vaskelainen and colleagues explore what types of companies can exploit servitisation opportunities and how digitalisation affects inter-company relationships during these opportunites
Institutional relatedness and the emergence of renewable energy cooperatives in German districts
Sep. 6, 2021 1:17 PM
In this article in Regional Studies, the authors study the effects and importance of ‘institutional relatedness’ on the development of renewable energy cooperatives in Germany.
Your Uber is arriving now: An analysis of platform location decisions through an institutional lens
Sep. 6, 2021 1:09 PM
Punt, Kollem, Hoekman, and Frenken explore factors that impact platforms’ decisions on where to locate their activities. They do this through a case study on Uber.
The battle of the buzzwords: A comparative review of the circular economy and the sharing economy concepts
Sep. 6, 2021 12:59 PM
In this review article, the authors perform a comparative bibliometric study of the concepts circular economy and sharing economy.
Digital skills, relatedness and green diversification: A study of European regions
Aug. 9, 2021 3:37 PM
This paper explores the link between digital literacy and green regional diversification. Santoalha, Consoli, and Castellacci find that a workforce's skills in using and developing ICT technologies can be an important determinant for a region's ability to diversify into new green technologies. The findings have policy implications for regional transitions towards greener and smarter economies.
Scientific publications from co-funding projects
- Andersen, A. D., et al. (2019). Green growth in Nordic regions: Eight case studies. NIFU Working Paper. Oslo, NIFU. (GONST)
- Capasso, M., et al. (2019). "Green growth – A synthesis of scientific findings." Technological Forecasting and Social Change 146: 390-402. (GONST)
- MacKinnon, D., et al. (2019). "Path creation, global production networks and regional development: A comparative international analysis of the offshore wind sector." Progress in Planning 130: 1-32. (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Steen, M., et al. (2019). "Fostering renewable energy with smart specialisation? Insights into European innovation policy." Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift - Norwegian Journal of Geography 73(1): 39-52. (GONST/FME CENSES)
- Steen, M., et al. (2019). Greening the fleet: A technological innovation system (TIS) analysis of hydrogen, battery electric, liquefied biogas, and biodiesel in the maritime sector, SINTEF report 2019:0093. (GREENFLEET)
- Hanson, J. et al. (2019) Conditions for growth in the Norwegian offshore wind industry. CenSES report (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Karstad et al. (2019) Havvind – en industriell mulighet. FME NTRANS report. (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Bergek, A., et al (under review). Towards a sustainability transition in the maritime shipping sector: the role of market segment characteristics. Under review in Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions (GREENFLEET)
- Lund & Steen, M. (under review). Make at home or abroad? Manufacturing reshoring through a GPN lens. Geoforum (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)