Implementing maritime battery-electric and hydrogen solutions: A technological innovation systems analysis
Nov. 27, 2020 9:57 AM
In this paper, Bach, Bergek, Bjørgum, Hansen, Kenzhegaliyeva and Steen conduct a technological innovation system analysis of battery-electric and hydrogen solutions for coastal shipping in Norway.
Greener and smarter? Transformations in five Norwegian industrial sectors
Nov. 11, 2020 12:27 PM
In this new report INTRANSIT researchers analyse how the industrial sectors respond to green and digital transformation pressures as well as opportunities.
A framework for mission-oriented innovation policy: Alternative pathways through the problem-solution space
Aug. 28, 2020 1:03 PM
Iris Wanzenbo, Joeri H. Wesseling, Koen Frenken, Marko P. Hekkert and Matthias Weber aim for a better conceptualization of Mission-oriented Innovation Policy (MIP).
Cross-specialisation policy: rationales and options for linking unrelated industries
Aug. 28, 2020 12:27 PM
In this article Matthijs J. Janssen and Koen Frenken discuss how economies’ established stronghold industries can form a basis for sustaining competitiveness.
The study of institutional entrepreneurship and its implications for transition studies
Aug. 28, 2020 11:54 AM
In this paper, authors Marjolein J. Hoogstraaten, Koen Frenken and Wouter P.C. Boon systematically review the institutional entrepreneurship literature.
An Institutional Logics Perspective on the Gig Economy
Aug. 28, 2020 11:46 AM
We witness rising tensions between online gig-economy platforms, incumbent firms, regulators, and labor unions, authors Koen Frenken, Taneli Vaskelainen, Lea Fünfschilling and Laura Piscicelli argue.
Scientific publications from co-funding projects
- Andersen, A. D., et al. (2019). Green growth in Nordic regions: Eight case studies. NIFU Working Paper. Oslo, NIFU. (GONST)
- Capasso, M., et al. (2019). "Green growth – A synthesis of scientific findings." Technological Forecasting and Social Change 146: 390-402. (GONST)
- MacKinnon, D., et al. (2019). "Path creation, global production networks and regional development: A comparative international analysis of the offshore wind sector." Progress in Planning 130: 1-32. (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Steen, M., et al. (2019). "Fostering renewable energy with smart specialisation? Insights into European innovation policy." Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift - Norwegian Journal of Geography 73(1): 39-52. (GONST/FME CENSES)
- Steen, M., et al. (2019). Greening the fleet: A technological innovation system (TIS) analysis of hydrogen, battery electric, liquefied biogas, and biodiesel in the maritime sector, SINTEF report 2019:0093. (GREENFLEET)
- Hanson, J. et al. (2019) Conditions for growth in the Norwegian offshore wind industry. CenSES report (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Karstad et al. (2019) Havvind – en industriell mulighet. FME NTRANS report. (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Bergek, A., et al (under review). Towards a sustainability transition in the maritime shipping sector: the role of market segment characteristics. Under review in Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions (GREENFLEET)
- Lund & Steen, M. (under review). Make at home or abroad? Manufacturing reshoring through a GPN lens. Geoforum (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)