Knowledge recombination for emerging technological innovations: The case of green shipping
Jan. 11, 2022 1:53 PM
In this paper, Maria Tsouri, Jens Hanson, Teis Hansen and Markus Steen analyse how knowledge evolves and (re)combines across technological fields and over time to contribute to the knowledge network of a new technological field (green shipping).
Global production networks and regional innovation systems: contrasting or complementary policy implications?
Jan. 4, 2022 9:32 AM
This paper by Blažek and Steen 1) identifies key conceptual differences between two main research streams within economic geography and regional studies: global production networks/value chains and regional innovation systems, 2) compares policy implications, and 3) discusses the scope for mutual inspiration both conceptually and in terms of policy recommendations.
The promises and premises of mission-oriented innovation policy: A reflection and ways forward
Sep. 6, 2021 1:41 PM
Mission-oriented innovation policies have become a topic of much debate recently. In this research perspective, the authors reflect on reflect on what missions are, their positive and negative effects, and how they can be studied empirically.
Servitisation on consumer markets: entry and strategy in Dutch private lease markets
Sep. 6, 2021 1:32 PM
Vaskelainen and colleagues explore what types of companies can exploit servitisation opportunities and how digitalisation affects inter-company relationships during these opportunites
Institutional relatedness and the emergence of renewable energy cooperatives in German districts
Sep. 6, 2021 1:17 PM
In this article in Regional Studies, the authors study the effects and importance of ‘institutional relatedness’ on the development of renewable energy cooperatives in Germany.
Your Uber is arriving now: An analysis of platform location decisions through an institutional lens
Sep. 6, 2021 1:09 PM
Punt, Kollem, Hoekman, and Frenken explore factors that impact platforms’ decisions on where to locate their activities. They do this through a case study on Uber.
Scientific publications from co-funding projects
- Andersen, A. D., et al. (2019). Green growth in Nordic regions: Eight case studies. NIFU Working Paper. Oslo, NIFU. (GONST)
- Capasso, M., et al. (2019). "Green growth – A synthesis of scientific findings." Technological Forecasting and Social Change 146: 390-402. (GONST)
- MacKinnon, D., et al. (2019). "Path creation, global production networks and regional development: A comparative international analysis of the offshore wind sector." Progress in Planning 130: 1-32. (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Steen, M., et al. (2019). "Fostering renewable energy with smart specialisation? Insights into European innovation policy." Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift - Norwegian Journal of Geography 73(1): 39-52. (GONST/FME CENSES)
- Steen, M., et al. (2019). Greening the fleet: A technological innovation system (TIS) analysis of hydrogen, battery electric, liquefied biogas, and biodiesel in the maritime sector, SINTEF report 2019:0093. (GREENFLEET)
- Hanson, J. et al. (2019) Conditions for growth in the Norwegian offshore wind industry. CenSES report (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Karstad et al. (2019) Havvind – en industriell mulighet. FME NTRANS report. (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)
- Bergek, A., et al (under review). Towards a sustainability transition in the maritime shipping sector: the role of market segment characteristics. Under review in Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions (GREENFLEET)
- Lund & Steen, M. (under review). Make at home or abroad? Manufacturing reshoring through a GPN lens. Geoforum (INNOWIC/RENEWGROWTH)