Four research areas:
- Emotional Development: Emotion Understanding development, Impact of Emotion Understanding on Mental Health & School Achievement, Impact of Culture & Religion on Emotion Understanding, Teaching Emotion Understanding, Test of Emotion Comprehension - TEC 2.0 (translated into 25 languages), Attachment, Information Seeking and Epistemic Trust, etc.
- Metacognitive Development: Theory of Mind, Consciousness, etc.
- Cognitive Development: Piagetian and Neo-Piagetian Models of Cognitive Development, Temporal cognition, Thinking Styles, Gender & Power, etc.
- Integration of Developmental Research and Educational Practices
Participants are native and immigrants typical and non-typical children and adolescents (e.g. deaf, autistic, abused, mentally retarded) from Western (West & East Europe, North & South America) and Non-Western societies and cultures (e.g. Chinese, Quechua, Fon, Arabic Christian & Muslim). Many of these studies have been supported by external grants (Canada, France, Norway, Spain & Switzerland).
- Coordinator of the 5th semester of the Clinical program
- PSY1200 - Introduction to developmental psychology
- PSY2206 - Cognition, emotion and language
- PSYC3200 - Developmental psychology
- PSY4203 - Emotional Development
- PSY4204 - Hands-on training in emotional and cognitive development
- PSY9202 - Ph.d. seminar in developmental psychology
Higher education and employment history
- 1993-1997: Ph.D. in Psychology – Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1990-1992: Master in Psychology – Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1986-1990: Bachelor in Psychology – Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1980-1984: Diploma of Architect – Department of Architecture, Geneva Engineering School, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Since 2007: Professor – Department of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
- 2004-2007: Professor – Department of Communication and Psychology, Faculty of Humanities, University of Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark.
- 2003-2004: Associate Professor – Department of Communication and Psychology, Faculty of Humanities, University of Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark.
- 2002-2003: Post-Doctoral Fellow – Human Development and Psychology, Graduate School of Education, Harvard University, Cambridge, United States of America
- 2001-2002: Assistant Professor – Department of Psychology, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1999-2001: Post-Doctoral Fellow – Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- 1997-1999: Senior Lecturer & Researcher – Department of Psychology, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1992-1997: Junior Lecturer & Researcher – Department of Psychology, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1986-1990: Social worker – Psychiatric University Hospital of Geneva (88-90); Caritas (87-88); SportHandicap (86-87) – Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1986-1989: Architect – Bureau d'Architecture Leuba, Geneva, Switzerland.
Department of Psychology & University of Oslo
- Head of Section - Health, Developmental and Personality Section / HUP (2019 - )
- Member of the Board of The Norwegian Union of Researchers at the University of Oslo (Forskerforbundet - UiO) (2016 - )
- Verneombud (2018 – 2019)
- Leader of the Developmental Unit (2008-2013)
- Member of the Bachelor & Master, Professional (Clinical) & Departmental (vicar) Boards (2008-2015)
- Academic Representative for International Affairs (2007 - 2019)
Honorary positions & Prizes
- 2019: Lev Vygotsky Award 2019, European Federation of Psychologists Associations (EFPA)
- 2019 - : Honorary Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Education).
- 2010: Teaching Award (Department of Psychology, University of Oslo)
- 2007 - 2012: Adjunct Professor – Department of Communication and Psychology, Faculty of Humanities, University of Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark.
2007: Guest Professor – University of Paris X - Nanterre, Paris, France.
2004-2016: Professor – Doctoral School, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy.
International Scientific Boards
- Referee for the:
- Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovacion y Universidades (Spain),
- Russian International Affairs Council & Russian Science Foundation.
- Academy of Finland
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) - United Kingdom
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec - Société et Culture (Canada)
- Austrian Science Fund (FWF)
- Swedish Research Council (VR), the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation & the Riksbankens Jubileumsfond - Sweden
Associate Editor & Reviewer (Journals & Publishers, Past & Present)
- Associate Editor: British Journal of Developmental Psychology
- Editorial Board: Revista Infancia y Aprendizaje
- Reviewer (Journals): Child Development, Developmental Psychology, Infant and Child Development, Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, Social Development, British Journal of Developmental Psychology, Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, Journal of Child Language, European Psychologist, Canadian Journal of Experimental Psychology, Archives de Psychologie, L’Année Psychologie.
- Reviewer (Publisher): Palgrave-MacMillan, Sage, Pearson.
- Norwegian Immigration Appeals Board (UNE)
- International Red Cross Committee (Switzerland)
- Videnscenter for Autisme (Denmark)
- SOM.OS (Spanish NGO)
- Emotional Resilience in Infancy and Childhood Laboratory (University of Sidney), etc.
Supervisions & Evaluations
- Supervision or evaluations of > 40 Ph.D. theses: 13 Supervisions (8 completed & 5 in progress) & 28 Evaluations (including three French and Russian Accreditations for Professorship) + 2 Post-Doc
- Supervision or evaluation of > 30 completed Master theses
- University of Vienna (Austria)
- Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium)
- Aalborg University (Denmark)
- Copenhagen University (Denmark)
- Århus University (Denmark)
- Paris X University (France)
- Nantes University (France)
- Clermont Auvergne University (France)
- University of Milano-Bicocca (Italy)
- Torino University (Italy)
- Oslo University (Oslo)
- Lisbon University (Portugal)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
- UNED-Madrid (Spain)
- University of Jaume I (Spain)
- Alicante University (Spain)
- Geneva University (Switzerland)
- Oxford University (United Kingdom)
13 External Grants (Principal Investigator (4), Partner (9))
- Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (DIKU)
- NILS Science and Sustainability (European Economic Area)
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
- The Scientific and University Cooperation Mission (France)
- Norwegian Research Council (NFR)
- Ministry of Education and Science (Spain)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (FNRS)
- Brazil: Antonio Roazzi (Federal University of Pernambuco)
- Canada: Marie-France Daniel (University of Montréal)
- Denmark: Partick Bender (University of Copenhagen)
- France: Elise Tornare (University of Rouen); Jean-Baptiste van der Herst (CNRS, Lyon)
- Italy: Paola Molina (University of Torino), Ottavia Albanese (University of Milano Bicocca)
- Lebanon: Martin Accad (IMS & Arab Baptist Seminar of Beirut)
- Norway: Imac Zambrana (University of Oslo), Ingrid Lossius Falkum (University of Oslo), Vibeke Grøver & Veslemøy Rydland (University of Oslo)
- Spain: Marta Gimenez (University of Valencia), Carlos Hernandez Blasi (University of Jaume I – Castellon)
- United Kingdom: Harriet Tenenbaum (University of Surrey)
- USA: Paul Harris & Paloma Visscher (Harvard University)