Jonas Kure Buer
I am a social anthropologist with strong current interest in medicine (in rheumatology in particular), and in diseases, pharmaceuticals, and doctor-patient-interaction.
My PhD project is based on fieldwork in a Norwegian health institution, and examines the making of meaning and medical knowledge in doctor-patient interaction.
I have previously done fieldwork in Japan, where I studied the role of bodily practices in the making of hierarchy.
Higher education and employment history
MA in Social Anthropology from the University of Oslo (2007)
- Buer, Jonas Kure (2017). To stop the erosion of hope: the DMARD category and the place of semantics in modern rheumatology. InflammoPharmacology. ISSN 0925-4692. 25(2), s 185- 190 . doi: 10.1007/s10787-017-0320-9
- Buer, Jonas Kure (2016). NSAID – da det viktigste var ikke å være kortison. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. ISSN 0029-2001. 9, s 841- 842 . doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.16.0141
- Buer, Jonas Kure (2015). A history of the term “DMARD”. InflammoPharmacology. ISSN 0925-4692. 23(4), s 163- 171 . doi: 10.1007/s10787-015-0232-5
- Buer, Jonas Kure (2014). Origins and impact of the term 'NSAID'. InflammoPharmacology. ISSN 0925-4692. 22(5), s 263- 267 . doi: 10.1007/s10787-014-0211-2 Full text in Research Archive.
- Buer, Jonas Kure (2016). Når medisinen blir din fiende. Aftenposten Viten.