Liva Jenny Martinussen
In my PhD-project, Storytelling as means to increase mathematics interest in teacher education, I investigate if storytelling can be used as a method to increase interest in mathematics and how it affects learning outcomes. We also investigate possible underlying mechanisms.
The project is supervised by Rolf Reber (Principal Investigator) and Anine Riege. The project is part of a larger collaboration, where the results will be compared to experiments on how question asking might lead to interest in mathematics.
Funding and collaboration
The project is funded by the Norwegian Research Council (FINNUT - Forskerprosjekt) 2019 – 2022, and is a collaboration between the University of Oslo, OsloMet, Østfold University College and Western Norway University of Applied Sciences.
- Cognitive psychology
- Interest, motivation and learning
- Psychology of judgment and decision-making
- Interplay between cognition an emotion, cognition in late-life depression and anxiety
- Quantitative methods
- PSY2102 - Social cognition and emotion
- PSY2014 - Quantitative methods, seminar leader
- PSY1050 - Psykologi: Teori og praksis
- Supervisor, bachelor in psychology
- Research assistant, Old Age Psychiatry Research Group, Oslo University Hospital, 2017-2020
- Research assistant, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, 2016
- Master degree in Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Oslo, 2016
- Bachelor degree in Cognitive Psychology, University of Oslo, 2014
- Exchange student, University of Melbourne, 2013
- Question Asking and Storytelling as means to increase mathematics interest in teacher education
- Section of Method, Work, Cultural and Social Psychology
- Almdahl, Ina Selseth; Martinussen, Liva Jenny; Agartz, Ingrid; Hugdahl, Kenneth & Korsnes, Maria Stylianou (2021). Inhibition of emotions in healthy aging: age‐related differences in brain network connectivity. Brain and Behavior. ISSN 2162-3279. . doi: 10.1002/brb3.2052 Full text in Research Archive.
- Martinussen, Liva Jenny; Saltyte Benth, Jurate; Almdahl, Ina Selseth; Borza, Tom; Selbæk, Geir; Mcpherson, Bodil A & Korsnes, Maria Stylianou (2019). The effect of anxiety on cognition in older adult inpatients with depression: results from a multicenter observational study. Heliyon. ISSN 2405-8440. 5(8) . doi: 10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e02235 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary