Yngve Solli Heiret
I am interested in historical materialism and the uneven development of capitalism, focusing particularly on the relationship between state and market, neoliberalism, north-south relations and climate and energy. In my PhD project I investigate how these processes interrelate through an analysis of the internationalization of the Norwegian state owned renewable energy company, Statkraft, to Chile. An overarching focus for the project is the historical and geographical constitution of the neoliberal Norwegian welfare state and its relation to processes of neoliberalization in the global south.
- Master's degree in human geography, University of Oslo 2020
- Visiting student at the New School for Social Research, spring 2019
- Bachelor's degree in human geography, University of Oslo, 2018
- Visiting student at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, autumn 2015
- Member of the editorial board and editor for book reviews for Norwegian books in Gnist – marxistisk tidsskrift