How to submit your thesis
1. Deadline for thesis submission
2. Make sure that the thesis comply with formal requirements
3. Submit your thesis in Inspera
- Log into Inspera
- Find the hand-in folder under My tests
- Upload your master’s thesis as a .pdf-formatted file. Use your last name and first name as the title of the file you upload (e.g. Frisch-Ragnar.pdf)
- You can only upload one file. This file has to include all attachments
- When you have successfully uploaded your file, you will see that it is saved to your submission
- When the hand-in folder closes, your thesis will be submitted automatically and you will see your submission under "Archive"
- You should not include the candidate number
- For more information on how to hand in, please see "Automatic submission" under "Submit your exam"
4. Submit your thesis to DUO (Digital Publications at UiO)
In addition to submitting your thesis in Inspera, you must submit your thesis to DUO prior to the deadline.
- You submit your thesis to DUO through StudentWeb
- Log in with your username and password. You cannot submit if you log in with your Norwegian ID number and PIN code
- Please read the detailed instructions on how you submit your thesis in DUO
- It takes approximately 90 days from your thesis is approved until it is available online in DUO
5. Notify the Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD) on the completion of your Project
- If you have processed/obtained personal data, which is notifiable to the NSD, it is important that you notify them that the project is completed, and what you have done with the data
6. Printing your thesis
You are not required to hand in a bound copy of your thesis to the Department.The department will however cover the cost of printing 6 copies at the University Print Centre.
If you wish to order copies for your own use, you must: