Helena Seibicke's academic interests include lobbying and advocacy in the EU, deliberative and political communication theory, EU civil society and gender issues, and European public policy.
Seibicke holds a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honors) in European Studies from the University of Manchester and a Masters of Arts in Political Communication and Strategy from the University of Kent. She has also worked in the European Parliament, an interest organisation and a public affairs agency.
Additional positions held
Teaching scholar, University College Dublin
MA Course representative, Brussels Schools of International Studies.
Seibicke's thesis is about the the European Women’s Lobby and gender expertise.
- Seibicke, Helena (2019). Europeisering av nordisk kvinnebevegelse?, I: Mari Teigen; Cathrine Holst & Hege Skjeie (red.), Europeisering av nordisk likestillingspolitikk. Gyldendal Akademisk. ISBN 978-82-05-42704-4. Kapittel 3 Europeisering av nordisk kvinnebevegelse?. s 57 - 73
- Seibicke, Helena (2019). Gender Expertise in Public Policymaking: The European Women’s Lobby and the EU Maternity Leave Directive.. Social Politics: International Studies in Gender, State and Society. ISSN 1072-4745. 0(0), s 1- 24 . doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/sp/jxz007
- Seibicke, Helena & Holst, Cathrine (2018). Unpacking Gender Expertise: The Case of the European Women’s Lobby, In Cathrine Holst; Marta Warat & Magdalena Góra (ed.), Expertisation and Democracy in Europe. Routledge. ISBN 978-1138288232. 7.
- Seibicke, Helena (2017). Campaigning for Gender Equality Through Social Media: The European Women’s Lobby, In Asimina Michailidou & Mauro Barisione (ed.), Social Media and European Politics Rethinking Power and Legitimacy in the Digital Era. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 9781137598899. Chapter 6. s 123 - 142
- Seibicke, Helena (2019). The EU is (FOR) YOU / The role of civil society in communicating the advantages of being UNITED IN EUROPE.
- Holst, Cathrine & Seibicke, Helena (2015). Gender expertise in the EU: the case of the European Women's Lobby.
- Seibicke, Helena & Holst, Catherine (2015). Gender Expertise in the EU: The Case of the European Women’s Lobby.
- Seibicke, Helena (2014). Book review of "Lobbying in the European Union" by H.Kluver. Journal of Common Market Studies. ISSN 0021-9886. 52(4), s 964- 965
- Seibicke, Helena (2014). "Understanding lobbying as a deliberative process".
- Seibicke, Helena (2014). "Understanding lobbying as a deliberative process: Contrasting theoretical approaches to interest group advocacy in the EU".
- Seibicke, Helena & Holst, Cathrine (2014). Experts on gender: On the role of expertise in EU gender politics.