Omid V. Ebrahimi
Personalized psychological treatment
Idiography vs. nomothesis
Integrative research methods – combination of process- and outcome research
Complex systems, graph theory and network models
Philosophy of Science
Psychological effects of non-pharmacological epidemiological interventions during pandemics (i.e., COVID-19)
Graduate student at the Norwegian Double PhD Program (“Prosjekt Dobbelkompetanse”) at the University of Oslo and Modum Bad Psychiatric Hospital and Research Center. The project utilizes the complex systems- and the network paradigm to investigate psychopathology on two levels; cross-sectionally across specified groups of individuals, and longitudinally through the intensive study of the individual.
Supervisors: Sverre Urnes Johnson, Asle Hoffart and Ole Andre Solbakken.
Cand.psychol. (Clinical Psychologist), Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, spring 2019.
Visiting scholar at Center for Anxiety & Related Disorders working in team led by Dr. Todd J. Farchione and Dr. David H. Barlow.
University of California, Berkeley –The Berkeley Clinical Science Practicum Program (2019).
The University of Hong Kong (HKU), 2016.
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (2010).
- PSYC4315 – Psychopathological assessment in the adult population
- PSYC3300 - Psychopathology
- PSYC1302 - Introduction to clinical science and practice
- Richard J. McNally, Harvard University.
- Modum Bad Psychiatric Hospital and Research Center.
- Clinical Psychologist specializing in adult psychopathology and trauma-related disorders at the Trauma Polyclinic Modum Bad, Oslo.
- Clinical Psychologist at the Institute of Psychological Guidance (IPR).
- Cheng, Cecilia; Ebrahimi, Omid V. & Lau, Yan-ching (2020). Maladaptive coping with the infodemic and sleep disturbance in the COVID‐19 pandemic. Journal of Sleep Research. ISSN 0962-1105. . doi: 10.1111/jsr.13235
- Hoffart, Asle; Johnson, Sverre Urnes & Ebrahimi, Omid V. (2020). Loneliness and social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic: Risk factors and associations with psychopathology. Frontiers in Psychiatry. ISSN 1664-0640. 11:589127, s 1- 9 . doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2020.589127
- Johnson, Sverre Urnes; Ebrahimi, Omid V. & Hoffart, Asle (2020). PTSD symptoms among health workers and public service providers during the COVID-19 outbreak. PLOS ONE. ISSN 1932-6203. . doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0241032
- Ebrahimi, Omid V.; Pallesen, Ståle; Kenter, Robin Maria Francisca & Nordgreen, Tine (2019). Psychological interventions for the Fear of Public Speaking: A Meta-analysis.. Frontiers in Psychology. ISSN 1664-1078. 10:488, s 1- 27 . doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00488 Full text in Research Archive.
- Curreri, Andrew J.; Ebrahimi, Omid V.; Rosellini, Anthony Joseph; Todd J., Farchione & Barlow, David H. (2020). Convergent validity of the Multidimensional Emotional Disorder Inventory across Cognitive Behavior Therapy.