Omid V. Ebrahimi
Personalized psychological treatment
Integration of idiographic and nomothetic models of psychopathology
Complex systems, graph theory, and network models
Philosophy of Science
Mental health and epidemiological modeling of preventive health behavior during pandemics (i.e., COVID-19)
1) A Complex Systems Approach to Mental Health: Towards a Comprehensive Understanding of Complex Comorbid States
Graduate student at the Norwegian Double Ph.D. Program (“Prosjekt Dobbelkompetanse”) at the University of Oslo and Modum Bad Psychiatric Hospital and Research Center. The project utilizes the complex systems- and the network paradigm to investigate psychopathology on two levels; cross-sectionally across specific groups of high severity patients, and longitudinally through the intensive study of the individual. The project is aimed at understanding the psychological mechanisms and processes interwoven in complex comorbid states.
2) Mental health and its association with viral mitigation protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The project aims to better understand the processes interconnected with the mental health problems accompanied by the pandemic crises. The project also focuses on epidemiological modeling of preventive health behaviors during pandemics, including adherence to social distancing protocols and hesitation toward vaccination.
Supervisors: Sverre Urnes Johnson, Asle Hoffart and Ole Andre Solbakken.
Cand.psychol. (Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Scientist), Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, spring 2019.
Visiting scholar at Center for Anxiety & Related Disorders working in team led by Dr. Todd J. Farchione and Dr. David H. Barlow.
University of California, Berkeley – The Berkeley Clinical Science Program (2019).
The University of Hong Kong (HKU), 2016.
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (2010).
Modum Bad Psychiatric Hospital and Research Center.
Clinical Psychologist specializing in adult psychopathology and trauma-related disorders at the Trauma Polyclinic Modum Bad, Oslo.
Clinical Psychologist at the Institute of Psychological Guidance (IPR).
- Cheng, Cecilia; Wang, Hsin-yi & Ebrahimi, Omid Vakili (2021). Adjustment to a “New Normal:” Coping Flexibility and Mental Health Issues During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Frontiers in Psychiatry. ISSN 1664-0640. . doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2021.626197
- Ebrahimi, Omid Vakili; Hoffart, Asle & Johnson, Sverre Urnes (2021). Physical Distancing and Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Factors Associated With Psychological Symptoms and Adherence to Pandemic Mitigation Strategies. Clinical Psychological Science. ISSN 2167-7026. . doi: 10.1177/2167702621994545
- Ebrahimi, Omid Vakili; Sinkerud Johnson, Miriam; Ebling, Sara; Amundsen, Ole Myklebust; Halsøy, Øyvind; Hoffart, Asle; Skjerdingstad, Nora & Johnson, Sverre Urnes (2021). Risk, Trust, and Flawed Assumptions: Vaccine Hesitancy During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Frontiers In Public Health. ISSN 2296-2565. . doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2021.700213
- Sinkerud Johnson, Miriam; Skjerdingstad, Nora; Ebrahimi, Omid V.; Hoffart, Asle & Johnson, Sverre Urnes (2021). Mechanisms of parental distress during and after the first COVID-19 lockdown phase: A two-wave longitudinal study. PLOS ONE. ISSN 1932-6203. 16:e0253087(6), s 1- 17 . doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0253087
- Solbakken, Ole Andre; Ebrahimi, Omid Vakili; Hoffart, Asle; Monsen, Jon Trygve & Johnson, Sverre Urnes (2021). Emotion regulation difficulties and interpersonal problems during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Predicting anxiety and depression. Psychological Medicine. ISSN 0033-2917. . doi: 10.1017/S0033291721001987
- Cheng, Cecilia; Ebrahimi, Omid V. & Lau, Yan-ching (2020). Maladaptive coping with the infodemic and sleep disturbance in the COVID‐19 pandemic. Journal of Sleep Research. ISSN 0962-1105. . doi: 10.1111/jsr.13235
- Hoffart, Asle; Johnson, Sverre Urnes & Ebrahimi, Omid V. (2020). Loneliness and social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic: Risk factors and associations with psychopathology. Frontiers in Psychiatry. ISSN 1664-0640. 11:589127, s 1- 9 . doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2020.589127 Full text in Research Archive.
- Johnson, Sverre Urnes; Ebrahimi, Omid V. & Hoffart, Asle (2020). PTSD symptoms among health workers and public service providers during the COVID-19 outbreak. PLOS ONE. ISSN 1932-6203. . doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0241032 Full text in Research Archive.
- Ebrahimi, Omid V.; Pallesen, Ståle; Kenter, Robin Maria Francisca & Nordgreen, Tine (2019). Psychological interventions for the Fear of Public Speaking: A Meta-analysis.. Frontiers in Psychology. ISSN 1664-1078. 10:488, s 1- 27 . doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00488 Full text in Research Archive.
- Curreri, Andrew J.; Ebrahimi, Omid V.; Rosellini, Anthony Joseph; Todd J., Farchione & Barlow, David H. (2020). Convergent validity of the Multidimensional Emotional Disorder Inventory across Cognitive Behavior Therapy.