My main research interests include among others party politics, policy-making, and public governance in the knowledge policy domain (higher education & research), organizational change in higher education, the role of (academic) expertise in policy advice, higher education in Sub-Saharan Africa, and the role of student unions in higher education policy.
- STV1555 – The 2020 US Elections in a Global Context
- STV2420 – Theorizing Public Organizations
- STV4428B – Teorier om offentlig politikk: nasjonalt og internasjonalt
- STV4447 – The Politics of Education and Research Policies
- STV 4910 – Designseminar i statsvitenskap
- OADM2100 – Managing and leading public organizations
I have a background in political science with a focus on public policy / public administration as well as comparative politics. Before joining the Department of Political Science at the University of Oslo I worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at the Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR) at Stanford University. Prior to that I was a postdoctoral researcher and the coordinator of the thematic area "Governance and Organization" at the International Centre for Higher Education Research (INCHER) at the University of Kassel.
I received my PhD from the University of Oslo (2016) and I hold a master's degree (Magister Artium) in political science from the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz (2010). I was a visiting researcher at Nuffield College at the University of Oxford and the Department of Politics and Public Administration at the University of Konstanz. In addition, I taught courses at the Political Science Departments of the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz, the Georg-August-University Göttingen, and the Nanyang Technological University Singapore.
- Since October 2018: Associate Professor for Public Policy and Public Administration, Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, Norway;
- September 2017 - September 2018: Postdoctoral research fellow, Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR), Stanford University, USA;
- March 2016 - August 2017: Postdoctoral researcher and coordinator of the thematic area "Governance and Organization", International Centre for Higher Education Research (INCHER), University of Kassel, Germany;
- October 2015 - February 2016: Researcher and adjunct lecturer, Department of Education, University of Oslo, Norway;
- October 2014 - November 2014: Visiting researcher, Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Konstanz, Germany;
- April 2014 - June 2014: Visiting researcher, Nuffield College, University of Oxford, UK;
- October 2011 - September 2015: PhD research fellow, Department of Education, University of Oslo, Norway;
- Board member at the Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR);
- Convenor of the ECPR Standing Group on "Knowledge Politics and Policies ";
- Member of the COST Action Professionalization and Social Impact of European Political Science (ProSEPS);
- Member of the Programme Committee for the European Quality Assurance Forum 2019 - 2022;
- Special issues editor Studies in Higher Education
- Member of the Editorial Board Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management
- Member of the Editorial Board European Journal of Higher Education
- Program coordinator Bachelor Offentlig administrasjon og ledelse
- Stensaker, Bjørn; Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Mihut, Georgiana (2021). Strategic advisory boards – the emergence of shadow governance in universities?. International Journal of Leadership in Education. ISSN 1360-3124. . doi: 10.1080/13603124.2021.1913237
- Blum, Sonja & Jungblut, Jens (2020). Besondere Freiheit, besondere Verantwortung? Eine empirische Studie zur deutschen Politikwissenschaft in der Politikberatung / Academic Freedom, Academic Responsibility? An Empirical Study on the Policy-advisory Role of German Political Scientists. Der moderne Staat. ISSN 1865-7192. 13(2), s 486- 506 . doi: https://doi.org/10.3224/dms.v13i2.12 Full text in Research Archive.
- Jungblut, Jens (2020). European Research Area, In Marylin J. Amey & Miriam E. David (ed.), SAGE Encyclopedia of Higher Education. Sage Publications. ISBN 9781473942912. chapter. s 491 - 496
- Jungblut, Jens (2020). Nordic Countries, Higher Education in, In Marylin J. Amey & Miriam E. David (ed.), SAGE Encyclopedia of Higher Education. Sage Publications. ISBN 9781473942912. chapter. s 1103 - 1108
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm; Maassen, Peter & Elken, Mari (2020). Quo Vadis EHEA: Balancing Structural Continuation and Political Variety, In European Higher Education Area: Challenges for a New Decade. Springer. ISBN 9783030563158. NA. s 391 - 415 Full text in Research Archive.
- Reymert, Ingvild S; Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Borlaug, Siri Brorstad (2020). Are evaluative cultures national or global? A cross-national study on evaluative cultures in academic recruitment processes in Europe. Higher Education. ISSN 0018-1560. . doi: 10.1007/s10734-020-00659-3 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Zapp, Mike; Jungblut, Jens & Ramirez, Francisco O. (2020). Legitimacy, stratification, and internationalization in global higher education: the case of the International Association of Universities. Tertiary Education and Management. ISSN 1358-3883. . doi: 10.1007/s11233-020-09062-0 Full text in Research Archive.
- Seidenschnur, Tim; Veiga, Amélia; Jungblut, Jens & Magalhães, António (2019). Hopes, beliefs, and concerns: narratives in German and Portuguese universities regarding Brexit. Higher Education. ISSN 0018-1560. 79(5), s 867- 884 . doi: 10.1007/s10734-019-00443-y Full text in Research Archive.
- Dobbins, Michael & Jungblut, Jens (2018). Higher Education Governance, In Anne Hynds (ed.), Oxford Bibliographies in Education. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199756810. Bibliography. Full text in Research Archive.
- Hladchenko, Myroslava; Dobbins, Michael & Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2018). Exploring Change and Stability in Ukrainian Higher Education and Research: A Historical Analysis Through Multiple Critical Junctures. Higher Education Policy. ISSN 0952-8733. s 1- 23 . doi: 10.1057/s41307-018-0105-9 Show summary
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm; Vukasovic, Martina & Steinhardt, Isabel (2018). Higher education policy dynamics in turbulent times – access to higher education for refugees in Europe. Studies in Higher Education. ISSN 0307-5079. . doi: 10.1080/03075079.2018.1525697 Full text in Research Archive.
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Woelert, Peter (2018). The Changing Fortunes of Intermediary Agencies: Reconfiguring Higher Education Policy in Norway and Australia, In Peter Maassen; Monika Nerland & Lyn Yates (ed.), Reconfiguring Knowledge in Higher Education. Springer Nature. ISBN 978-3-319-72831-5. Kapittel 2. s 25 - 48 Full text in Research Archive.
- Jungblut, Jens; Stensaker, Bjørn & Vukasovic, Martina (2018). What kind of quality assurance leads to improved performance and accountability? The views of European students, In Ellen Hazelkorn; Hamish Coates & Alexander C. McCormick (ed.), Research Handbook on Quality, Performance and Accountability in Higher Education. Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 978 1 78536 974 2. 24. s 321 - 331
- Vukasovic, Martina; Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm; Chou, Meng-Hsuan; Elken, Mari & Ravinet, Pauline (2018). Multi-level, Multi-actor and Multi-issue Dimensions of Governance of the European Higher Education Area, and Beyond, In Adrian Curaj; Ligia Deca & Remus Pricopie (ed.), European Higher Education Area: The Impact of Past and Future Policies. Springer Nature. ISBN 978-3-319-77407-7. 19. s 321 - 334 Full text in Research Archive.
- Chou, Meng-Hsuan; Jungblut, Jens; Ravinet, Pauline & Vukasovic, Martina (2017). Higher Education Governance and Policy: An Introduction to Multi-issue, Multi-level, and Multi-actor Dynamics. Policy & Society: Journal of public, foreign and global policy. ISSN 1449-4035. 36(1), s 1- 15 . doi: 10.1080/14494035.2017.1287999
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2017). From preferences to policies in coalition governments?Unpacking policy making in European higher education. Public Policy and Administration. ISSN 0952-0767. 32(4), s 323- 348 . doi: 10.1177/0952076716679223 Full text in Research Archive.
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Maassen, Peter (2017). Types of Higher Education Systems, In Jung Cheol Shin & Pedro N. Teixeira (ed.), Encyclopedia of International Higher Education Systems and Institutions. Springer Science+Business Media B.V.. ISBN 978-94-017-9553-1. reference work entry.
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Rexe, Deanna (2017). Higher education policy in Canada and Germany: Assessing multi-level and multi-actor coordination bodies for policy-making in federal systems. Policy & Society: Journal of public, foreign and global policy. ISSN 1449-4035. 36(1), s 49- 66 Show summary
- Maassen, Peter; Jungblut, Jens & Elken, Mari (2020). Quo vadis European Higher Education Area: balancing structural continuation and political variety.
- Reymert, Ingvild S; Jungblut, Jens & Borlaug, Siri Brorstad (2019). National or global standards? A cross-national study on assessment criteria in academic recruitment processes in Europe.