My main research interests include among others party politics, policy-making, and public governance in the knowledge policy domain (higher education & research), organizational change in higher education, the role of (academic) expertise in policy advice, higher education in Sub-Saharan Africa, and the role of student unions in higher education policy.
- STV1555 – The 2020 US Elections in a Global Context
- STV2420 – Theorizing Public Organizations
- STV4428B – Teorier om offentlig politikk: nasjonalt og internasjonalt
- STV4447 – The Politics of Education and Research Policies
- STV 4910 – Designseminar i statsvitenskap
- OADM2100 – Managing and leading public organizations
I have a background in political science with a focus on public policy / public administration as well as comparative politics. Before joining the Department of Political Science at the University of Oslo I worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at the Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR) at Stanford University. Prior to that I was a postdoctoral researcher and the coordinator of the thematic area "Governance and Organization" at the International Centre for Higher Education Research (INCHER) at the University of Kassel.
I received my PhD from the University of Oslo (2016) and I hold a master's degree (Magister Artium) in political science from the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz (2010). I was a visiting researcher at Nuffield College at the University of Oxford and the Department of Politics and Public Administration at the University of Konstanz. In addition, I taught courses at the Political Science Departments of the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz, the Georg-August-University Göttingen, and the Nanyang Technological University Singapore.
- Since October 2018: Associate Professor for Public Policy and Public Administration, Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, Norway;
- September 2017 - September 2018: Postdoctoral research fellow, Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR), Stanford University, USA;
- March 2016 - August 2017: Postdoctoral researcher and coordinator of the thematic area "Governance and Organization", International Centre for Higher Education Research (INCHER), University of Kassel, Germany;
- October 2015 - February 2016: Researcher and adjunct lecturer, Department of Education, University of Oslo, Norway;
- October 2014 - November 2014: Visiting researcher, Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Konstanz, Germany;
- April 2014 - June 2014: Visiting researcher, Nuffield College, University of Oxford, UK;
- October 2011 - September 2015: PhD research fellow, Department of Education, University of Oslo, Norway;
- Board member at the Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR);
- Convenor of the ECPR Standing Group on "Knowledge Politics and Policies ";
- Member of the COST Action Professionalization and Social Impact of European Political Science (ProSEPS);
- Member of the Programme Committee for the European Quality Assurance Forum 2019 - 2022;
- Special issues editor Studies in Higher Education
- Member of the Editorial Board Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management
- Member of the Editorial Board European Journal of Higher Education
- Program coordinator Bachelor Offentlig administrasjon og ledelse