My main research interests include among others party politics, policy-making, and public governance in the knowledge policy domain (higher education & research), organizational change in higher education, the governance of university medical schools, the role of (academic) expertise in policy advice, higher education in Sub-Saharan Africa, and the role of student unions in higher education policy.
- The Politics of Education Policy (BA)
- Politics and the global higher education market (BA)
- Introduction to Comparative Politics (BA)
- Higher Education Policy & Governance (MA)
- Conditions under which Higher Education operates (MA)
- Research Methods (MA)
I have a background in political science with a focus on public policy / public administration as well as comparative politics. Before joining the Department of Political Science at the University of Oslo I worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at the Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR) at Stanford University. Prior to that I was a postdoctoral researcher and the coordinator of the thematic area "Governance and Organization" at the International Centre for Higher Education Research (INCHER) at the University of Kassel.
I received my PhD from the University of Oslo (2016) and I hold a master's degree (Magister Artium) in political science from the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz (2010). I was a visiting researcher at Nuffield College at the University of Oxford and the Department of Politics and Public Administration at the University of Konstanz. In addition, I taught courses at the Political Science Departments of the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz, the Georg-August-University Göttingen, and the Nanyang Technological University Singapore.
- Since October 2018: Associate Professor for Public Policy and Public Administration, Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, Norway;
- September 2017 - September 2018: Postdoctoral research fellow, Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research (SCANCOR), Stanford University, USA;
- March 2016 - August 2017: Postdoctoral researcher and coordinator of the thematic area "Governance and Organization", International Centre for Higher Education Research (INCHER), University of Kassel, Germany;
- October 2015 - February 2016: Researcher and adjunct lecturer, Department of Education, University of Oslo, Norway;
- October 2014 - November 2014: Visiting researcher, Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Konstanz, Germany;
- April 2014 - June 2014: Visiting researcher, Nuffield College, University of Oxford, UK;
- October 2011 - September 2015: PhD research fellow, Department of Education, University of Oslo, Norway;
- Convenor of the ECPR Standing Group on "Knowledge Politics and Policies ";
- Dobbins, Michael & Jungblut, Jens (2018). Higher Education Governance, In Anne Hynds (ed.), Oxford Bibliographies in Education. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199756810. Bibliography.
- Hladchenko, Myroslava; Dobbins, Michael & Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2018). Exploring Change and Stability in Ukrainian Higher Education and Research: A Historical Analysis Through Multiple Critical Junctures. Higher Education Policy. ISSN 0952-8733. s 1- 23 Show summary
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm; Vukasovic, Martina & Steinhardt, Isabel (2018). Higher education policy dynamics in turbulent times – access to higher education for refugees in Europe. Studies in Higher Education. ISSN 0307-5079. . doi: 10.1080/03075079.2018.1525697
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Woelert, Peter (2018). The Changing Fortunes of Intermediary Agencies: Reconfiguring Higher Education Policy in Norway and Australia, In Peter Maassen; Monika Nerland & Lyn Yates (ed.), Reconfiguring Knowledge in Higher Education. Springer Nature. ISBN 978-3-319-72831-5. Kapittel 2. s 25 - 48
- Jungblut, Jens; Stensaker, Bjørn & Vukasovic, Martina (2018). What kind of quality assurance leads to improved performance and accountability? The views of European students, In Ellen Hazelkorn; Hamish Coates & Alexander C. McCormick (ed.), Research Handbook on Quality, Performance and Accountability in Higher Education. Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 978 1 78536 974 2. 24. s 321 - 331
- Vukasovic, Martina; Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm; Chou, Meng-Hsuan; Elken, Mari & Ravinet, Pauline (2018). Multi-level, Multi-actor and Multi-issue Dimensions of Governance of the European Higher Education Area, and Beyond, In Adrian Curaj; Ligia Deca & Remus Pricopie (ed.), European Higher Education Area: The Impact of Past and Future Policies. Springer Nature. ISBN 978-3-319-77407-7. 19. s 321 - 334 Full text in Research Archive.
- Chou, Meng-Hsuan; Jungblut, Jens; Ravinet, Pauline & Vukasovic, Martina (2017). Higher Education Governance and Policy: An Introduction to Multi-issue, Multi-level, and Multi-actor Dynamics. Policy & Society: Journal of public, foreign and global policy. ISSN 1449-4035. 36(1), s 1- 15 . doi: 10.1080/14494035.2017.1287999
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2017). From preferences to policies in coalition governments?Unpacking policy making in European higher education. Public Policy and Administration. ISSN 0952-0767. 32(4), s 323- 348 . doi: 10.1177/0952076716679223
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Maassen, Peter (2017). Types of Higher Education Systems, In Jung Cheol Shin & Pedro N. Teixeira (ed.), Encyclopedia of International Higher Education Systems and Institutions. Springer Science+Business Media B.V.. ISBN 978-94-017-9553-1. reference work entry.
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Rexe, Deanna (2017). Higher education policy in Canada and Germany: Assessing multi-level and multi-actor coordination bodies for policy-making in federal systems. Policy & Society: Journal of public, foreign and global policy. ISSN 1449-4035. 36(1), s 49- 66 Show summary
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Weber, Regina (2017). Karriereschmieden und Jugendorganisationen? Die Rolle von Parteijugendorganisationen am Beispiel der Jusos in der SPD. Zeitschrift für Politik. ISSN 0044-3360. 64(2), s 115- 142
- Jungblut, Jens & Vukasovic, Martina (2017). Not all markets are created equal: Re-conceptualizing market elements in higher education.. Higher Education. ISSN 0018-1560. 75(7), s 855- 870 . doi: 10.1007/s10734-017-0174-5
- Vukasovic, Martina; Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Elken, Mari (2017). Still the main show in town? Assessing political saliency of the Bologna Process across time and space. Studies in Higher Education. ISSN 0307-5079. 42(8), s 1421- 1436 . doi: 10.1080/03075079.2015.1101755
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2016). From preferences to policies in coalition governments—Unpacking policy making in European higher education. Public Policy and Administration. ISSN 0952-0767. 32(4), s 323- 348
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2016). Re-distribution and public governance – the politics of higher education in Western Europe. European Politics and Society. ISSN 2374-5118. 17(3), s 331- 352 . doi: 10.1080/23745118.2016.1140395
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Jungblut, Marc (2016). All different? All equal? differentiation of universities’ mission statements and excellence initiatives in Germany. Science and Public Policy. ISSN 0302-3427. 44(4), s 535- 545 . doi: 10.1093/scipol/scw082
- Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2015). Bringing political parties into the picture: a two-dimensional analytical framework for higher education policy. Higher Education. ISSN 0018-1560. 69(5), s 867- 882 . doi: 10.1007/s10734-014-9810-5
- Cloete, Nico; Goedegebuure, Leo; Gornitzka, Åse; Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Stensaker, Bjørn (ed.) (2016). Pathways through higher education research: A festschrift in honour of Peter Maassen. Department of Education, University of Oslo. ISBN 978-82-569-7044-5. 166 s.
- Elken, Mari; Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm & Vukasovic, Martina (2016). Multi-level multi-actor dynamics of European knowledge policy-making..
- Esterhazy, Rachelle & Jungblut, Jens Patrick Wilhelm (2016). „When I write my master’s thesis“ – The formation of higher education researchers and professionals through the Oslo higher education master’s programs, In Nico Cloete; Leo Goedegebuure; Åse Gornitzka; Jens Patrick Wilhelm Jungblut & Bjørn Stensaker (ed.), Pathways through higher education research: A festschrift in honour of Peter Maassen. Department of Education, University of Oslo. ISBN 978-82-569-7044-5. 23. s 129 - 136