- Nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament
- Nuclear deterrence and strategic stability
- International law and politics
- Peace and conflict studies
Hasini Liyanage is a doctoral research fellow at the Oslo Nuclear Project. Her research focuses on nuclear non-proliferation and deterrence within the backdrops of international law and politics and strategic stability.
Prior to joining the ONP, she worked as a researcher at the Swedish Defense University and at the Swedish Red Cross. She holds a Master of Social Science degree in Peace and Conflict Studies from Uppsala University in Sweden. She also holds an LL.B with a specialization in International Law from the University College London and a BA in International Relations from the University of Colombo.
- Swedish Institute Global Professionals Scholarship recipient - 2019