Hallvard Hodne Sandven
- Republican political theory
- Theories of the state (normative and sociological)
- Migration and border control
- Postdoctoral fellow (assistant professor), Department of Political Science, University of Oslo (2022–)
- Postdoctoral fellow, Kolleg-Forschungsgruppe ‘The International Rule of Law: Rise or Decline?’, Freie Universität Berlin (2021–2022)
- Doctoral fellow, Balliol College and Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford, fully funded by an Aker Scholarship (2017–2021)
- Lecturer in political theory, Magdalen College, University of Oxford (2020)
- DPhil (PhD), Politics, University of Oxford
Forthcoming. ‘Institutional conservatism and the right to exclude.’ Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy.
2022. ‘Symmetry in the delegation of power as a legitimacy criterion’ (with Trym Nohr Fjørtoft). JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, online first: https://doi.org/10.1111/jcms.13429.
2022. ‘The practice and legitimacy of border control.’ American Journal of Political Science, online first: https://doi.org/10.1111/ajps.12736.
2022. ‘Rescue missions in the Mediterranean and the legitimacy of the EU’s border regime’ (with Antoinette Scherz). Res Publica, online first: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11158-022-09550-7.
2020. 'Systemic domination, social institutions and the coalition problem.' Politics, Philosophy & Economics 19 (4): 382–402.