Spring semester: 23rd of May
If this date falls on a weekend or public holiday, the deadline will be moved to the first-coming workday after the weekend. Examinations are held continuously for master’s thesis.
Delayed submission deadline with valid documentation
- Postponed submission deadline is granted only in exceptional cases, and requires an application with valid documentation.
- Students who have been on exchange at a university through a UiO contract, and have been delayed due to the fact that this university has a different division of the academic year than UiO, can apply for a postponement.
- Note that the postponement does not automatically give you the right of supervision after the regular submission deadline has passed, and the supervision seminar is completed.
The following does not qualify for postponed submission
- Short period of illness (less than 1 week) more than two months before the deadline.
- Unexpected problems in relation to field work, interviews, archival studies and similar.
- Honorary posts and paid employment, even if relevant to the master’s thesis topic.
- Have you chosen a topic on which the departments do not have supervision competence, you do not qualify for a postponed deadline if it has taken more time than usual to find a supervisor.
Delayed submission deadline without valid documentation
In order to be able to hand in the thesis you must
- be registered as a student and have paid the semester fee in the same semester as you hand in the paper.
- enroll in PECOS4094 - Master's Thesis (political science) or PECOS4095 - Master's Thesis - History track (history).
- contact the Department in Political Science (political science) or the Department of Archaeology, Conservation and History (history) in good time befor submission.
Students who do not submit the thesis within the deadline can submit
- From 15 of January until the 30th of April in the spring semester
- From 15 of August until the 31th of October in the autumn semester.