Guest student on master courses at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography
You can apply to be a guest student at most master courses offered by Department of Sociology and Human Geography (ISS). Guest students can attend lectures and seminars in master's courses, and may sit the examination.
Information is provided on each course description page as to whether you can apply to be a guest student on the course.
You can apply if
- Either you are registered on another master programme at UiO or another Norwegian university/university college and the student advisor or other person responsible for your program can confirm that the course can be included in your master's degree
- Or you have completed a graduate degree in Human Geography at UiO or another Norwegian university/university college you can apply to be a guest student on courses in human geography
- Or you have completed a graduate degree in Sociology at UiO or another Norwegian university/university college you can apply to be a guest student on courses in sociology
Are you admitted to a master's program at the University of Oslo?
- Ask your studies/ program consultant to confirm that the course can be included in your master's degree.
- Send confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and student number
Are you admitted to a master's program at another university or another university college?
- Send an application with confirmation from your studies/program consultant that the course can be included in your master's degree
- The application deadline is August 1 and January 15 respectively for the autumn and spring semesters.
NB! If you have not previously been enrolled at the University of Oslo, you must include the following documentation with your application:
- Basic qualifications registration form
- High School Diploma or similar
- Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Documentation of English Proficiency
- Transcript showing the courses you have currently completed at your master's programme
Applications should be sent to: Department of Sociology and Human Geography, PB 1096 Blindern, 0317 Oslo. If you want to send your application electronically, scan the documents and send them along with the application to email@example.com. Type "Guest student" in the subject line.
Admission as a guest student will vary from semester to semester, as guest students will be allotted any vacant seats on the course.
if you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about how to apply for exchange students. Your home university must have an exchange agreement with UiO. Exchange students apply courses through their home university.