Arab Muslim men are invisible in most ethnographies of daily chores, doing domestic work and childcare. Men's participation has been neglected or marginalized
The differences between people who fear migrants and those who welcome them are not as clear-cut as commonly assumed.
Why has the largest man-made structure on earth, until recently, been a landfill?
- Sustainability Is Not a Number – Climate Crisis and Human Cultural Evolution Jun 16, 2016
- Visit from the Czech Republic, University of Hradec Kralové Apr 20, 2016
- "We still know too little about the human dimensions of climate change" Apr 20, 2016
- Exploring the big issues of our time: Meet four master's students doing fieldwork on four continents Mar 23, 2016
Overheating: An Anthropology of Accelerated Change
Aug 19, 2016 11:11 AM
The world is overheated. Too full and too fast; uneven and unequal. It is the age of the Anthropocene, of humanity’s indelible mark upon the planet. In short, Thomas Hylland Eriksen refers to globalisation - but not as we know it.
The book forms part of the ERC Advanced Grant project “Overheating”.
- Harvesting water for the future: reciprocity and environmental justice in the politics of climate change in Peru Aug 19, 2016 10:17 AM