Network on Research and Teaching in EU Foreign Affairs (NORTIA)
ARENA is one of ten partners of the NORTIA Jean Monnet Network on EU Foreign Policy.
About the project
The objective of NORTIA is to develop, deepen and strengthen a global community of senior and junior scholars in EU foreign policy. NORTIA will capacity-build research and teaching innovation for a multinational cross-institutional network of scholars. NORTIA reaches out to a number of Global Network Associates, and provides a virtual outreach debating and dissemination platform. This will allow engagement with the wider international academic community, cascading knowledge outside the network partners and with foreign policy stakeholders and practitioners to increase opportunities for policy debate. The network promotes and builds the next generation of foreign policy scholars. It does so by integrating early-career researchers, through their professional development and through the active dissemination of easily accessible resources to promote EU foreign policy scholarship and debate.
The NORTIA scholarly goal is to apply lessons learned from 50 years of foreign policy cooperation to the challenges of a potentially fragmenting global order and Europe’s own existential crises. NORTIA unites scholars from different generational, geographical and methodological perspectives to build knowledge and exchange about the internal and external forces shaping EU foreign policy cooperation.
Principal Investigator at ARENA is Helene Sjursen. The NORTIA team further consists of Mai’a K. Davis Cross, Johanne Døhlie Saltnes, Johanna Strikwerda, Tine E. Johnsen Brøgger, and Anke S. Schwarzkopf.
- University of Maastricht (Gergana Noutcheva) (coordinator)
- ARENA, University of Oslo (Helene Sjursen)
- University College Dublin (Ben Tonra)
- University of Leuven (KU Leuven) (Kolja Raube)
- Kent University (Richard Whitman)
- University of Poznan (Adam Jaskulski)
- University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES) (Helen Drake)
- Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) (Robert Kissack)
- European University Institute (EUI) (Federica Bicchi)
- University of Leiden (Karolina Pomorska)
Jean Monnet Network funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
Project period: 1 September 2017 - 31 August 2020