Johanne Døhlie Saltnes
Johanne Døhlie Saltnes' academic interests include the EU's development policy, aid, political dialogue, sanctions and the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy. The topic of her PhD-project is norm disputes in the EU's Development policy.
Higher education and employment history
Saltnes holds a Master's degree in International Relations from Webster University in Vienna, Austria. She received her Bachelor's degree in European studies at University of Oslo.
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2017). Norm collision in the EU’s external policies. The case of EU sanctions towards Rwanda. Cooperation and Conflict. ISSN 0010-8367. . doi: 10.1177/0010836717710528 Full text in Research Archive
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2017). Case Study of Donor Coordination in EU Development Policy .
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2017). 'Resistance to EU integration. Accounting for Like-Minded reluctance to donor coordination in EU development policy.
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie & Mikalsen, Kjartan Koch (2017). Is the World Trade Organization unjust? Global Justice Blog .
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2016). A crucial year for EU development policy. Global Justice Blog .
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2016). Donor coordination in EU development policy. An attempt to enhance external legitimacy?.
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2016). EU Development Policy.
- Brøgger, Tine Elisabeth Johnsen & Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2015). Federica Mogherini’s first seven months in office: a balancing act between supranational and intergovernmental decision-making. EUROPP .
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2015, 29. januar). Dagsnytt 18, intervju om EUs sanksjoner mot Russland. [Radio]. NRK.
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie & Brøgger, Tine Elisabeth Johnsen (2014). Federica Mogherini has outlined an ambitious plan for European foreign and security policy, but the extent to which it is attainable remains to be seen . EUROPP.
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2013). The EU’s Human Rights Policy. Unpacking the literature on the EU’s implementation of aid conditionality .
- Saltnes, Johanne Døhlie (2011). Book Review. The European Union and Democracy Promotion. A Critical Global Assessment. Internasjonal Politikk. ISSN 0020-577X. 69(2), s 333- 337