Climate change and urban water governance (completed)
Pathways to social transformation (CLIMWAYS)
Photo: © UiO/Anders Lien
About the project
CLIMWAYS is a multi-disciplinary research project that analyses institutional constraints on water resource management and urban climate change adaptation in the cities of Durban and Cape Town.
The project's main objectives are to produce and disseminate high quality knowledge about these topics; build research capacity among historically disadvantaged groups in South Africa and among women; and develop a longer term climate and water governance collaborative program between the partner institutions and the municipalities based on existing long-standing research relationships.
Visit the project's homepage to see the latest publications and activities.
- Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research (NIBR)
- University of Cape Town, SA
- University of KwaZulu-Natal, SA
- South Africa – Norway, Research co-operation (SANCOOP)
- The Research Council of Norway
2014 - 2017