Digital studies guidance
- a conversation about studies, opportunities and choices.
Who can get digital studies guidance at the Faculty of Social Sciences?
- Students on all study programs at the Faculty
- Persons considering applying to study at the Faculty.
- Some study consultants do not offer digital guidance, only guidance over email.
Where does the guidance session take place?
- In Zoom
- You will receive the correct zoom link via SMS before the session.
- We do also offer guidance sessions at campus. The sessions have been adapted to infection prevention measures.
What can you get guidance on?
We offer you a 30 minute conversation where you can talk about for example:
- your education plan
- accomodations for your studies
- career opportunities
- choice of courses
- laws and regulations you must adhere to as a student
How do you arrange guidance time?
- Call SV-info on 22 85 48 46.
- You need to make an appointment in advance.
Overview of when each study program has supervision time
We do not offer guides in week 15.
|Facilitation - lower degree
Students without study rights
|Thursday at 9-11 and 12-14|
|Exchange - general supervision & faculty agreements
Exchange - agreements at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography
|Exchange - agreements at the Department of Political Science||Monday at 12-14|
|Exchange - agreements at the Department of Economics||You schedule an appointment by emailing SV-info.|
|Exchange - agreements at the Department of Psychology||Does not offer digital guidance, but guidance over email. Email SV-info.|
Social Anthropology Bachelor
Master of Social Anthropology
|Thursday at 13-15|
|Political science master||Tuesday at 12-14|
Peace and Conflict Studies
|Wednesday at 12-14|
Political Science bachelor and year unit
Approval of other education in study programs at the Department of Political Science
|Wednesday at 13-15|
|Public administration and management||coming|
|Culture and communication
Organization and management master
|Monday at 13-14|
|Social Geography Bachelor||Does not offer digital guidance, but guidance over email. Email SV-info.|
|Sociology bachelor and year unit||Friday at 12-13|
|Human Geography master
Organization, management and work-master
Economics Bachelor and year unit
|You schedule an appointment by emailing SV-info.|
|Psychology bachelor and year unit||coming|
|Psychology profession 1st - 6th sem||Does not offer digital guidance, but guidance over email. Email SV-info.|
|Master of Psychology||Thursday at 9-12|
|Psychology profession 7-12. sem||Thursday at 9-11|
Prepararations before the councelling session
- To get the most out of the session, we recommend that you read the information on the webpage about the topic you want to discuss before the session.
- The University's service statement provides an overview of what to expect from the student counselor, as well as what we expect from you in the tutorial.
Who is your supervisor?
- You meet your study consultant as a supervisor in SV-info.
- It is also possible to get guidance with a staff member in SV-info, our exchange consultant or our facilitator.
- SV-info will help you decide if you should have guidance with your study consultant or someone else.
We have a duty of confidentiality
- All employees at the University of Oslo have a duty of confidentiality.
- We do not disclose anything you tell us, nor do we tell anyone that you have been to a counselling session with us.