When Professor Kalleberg passed away November 28, 2016, more than fifty years of engagement in sociology and in the UiO came to an end.
China's enormous economic growth has lifted millions out of poverty and raised citizens' standard of living. The other side of the picture is growing income inequality.
Children of immigrants are better educated, and earn far more than their parents.
Destruction, fascination and illness: risk perceptions and uses of heroin and opiate maintenance treatment drugs
Nov. 16, 2016
Willy Pedersen, Sveinung Sandberg and Heith Copes
The Nordic Route to Development
Nov. 8, 2016
by Lars Mjøset
- Growth with a bitter aftertaste Nov. 2, 2016
- Immigrant children are socially mobile Oct. 20, 2016
- New theory on the Israel-Palestine conflict Sep. 23, 2016
- Work-care balance that can make you sick Sep. 13, 2016
- A spouse brought from your country of origin harms your career Aug. 30, 2016