Part-time research assistant position
The TIK Centre is looking for a research assistant (SKO1019 Vit.ass). The work is part-time, and it can be combined with Master level studies. The engagement period will be from November 2016 to spring 2017.
The assistant will be employed by the InGrid project - Integration of Power Transmission Grids - Prospects and Challenges at National and European Levels in advancing the energy transition. The project sets out to explore what the role of electricity grid transformation— in particular transnational transmission—is in Europe’s transition towards a sustainable power sector from different analytical perspectives.
The assistant will support project researchers in two main tasks. Firstly, to code written material on EU energy policy to carry out analysis of actor coalitions. Second, to establish a database on energy transition policies at the EU level and in 2-3 European countries. The work will be carried out in close collaboration with project researchers and will require that the assistant becomes familiar with new software.
Qualifications and personal skills
- Qualification: Master student or graduate in a discipline within the social sciences ideally with interest for policy, energy transition, and technology . It is advantageous if the person has some experience with qualitative data analysis.
- Personal skills: well-organized, structured, goal-oriented, independent, pay attention to details.
- Communication skills: Very good written and oral proficiency in both Norwegian and English. Knowledge of German is an advantage.
- Application letter (max. 1 page)
- Grade transcripts (Bachelor and Master-level courses)
Application deadline: October 25th 2016.
A few selected candidates will be invited for a job interview soon after deadline.