Standal's research interests are research and innovation policy in general and especially the role and effect of policy instruments aiming to transform universities and the role of scientific knowledge in society.
- TIK4040 Research and Design Seminar (2011)
The main themes concern the conditions of university research in the new era of governance. The ambition is to tell a story of change in modern universities focusing on change in research and research related activity in relation to research leadership.
Higher education and employment history
- 2011- d.d. PhD Research fellow, TIK-centre
- 2012-2012 Project Manager, Research Council og Norway
(Evaluation of the NOS-HS funding scheme: exploratory workshops)
- 2009-2010 Higher Executive Officer, TIK-centre
- 2009-2010 Research assistant; TIK-centre
- 2007-2009 MPhil inTechnology, Innovation and Knowledge
- UHR: Working Group on Attractive Career Paths and Mobility in Research (2014-2015)
- TIK Board member (2013- 2015)
- Board member in UiODoc (2012- 2015)
- Board member in SiN (2012- 2014)
- SiN representative in UHR Research Committee (2013- 2014)
- TIK's workplace protection officer (2010-2014)
- University Board Member representing scientific staff on short term contracts
- PhD forum administrator (2011-2012)
- Standal, Hege Rudi (2013). Changing the Skills of Science; An Empirical Study of How Research and Innovation Policy Enters Scientific Knowledge Production in Universities.
- Standal, Hege Rudi (2012). Evaluation of the Joint Committee for Nordic Research Councils for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (NOS-HS) Exploratory Workshops.