Elisabeth M.C. Svennevik
Elisabeth’s main academic interest lies in the field of innovations studies and sustainable transitions.
The working title of her PhD is “Changes towards sustainable mobility: Experiences from car sharing in urban areas.”
This research explores changes in mobility focusing on how households use car sharing. Firstly, the PhD project focuses on car sharing as new way of using cars, an innovation. Secondly, the research draws attention to the user side of car sharing. Thirdly, the research project emphasizes the environmental context - how using car sharing is a transition towards sustainability.
Her PhD-work is part of the research project Tempest: Transforming household mobility practices through shared consumption: Low-carbon transport and sustainable energy solutions in urban areas.
- MA in Society, Science and Technology in Europe (ESST), Universitetet i Oslo (2013-2014)
- BA in Economics, University of Tromsø (2009-2012)
- One-year unit in Spanish, University of Tromsø (2008-2009)
- Svennevik, Elisabeth M.C. (2019). The existing and the emerging: Car ownership and car sharing on the road towards sustainable mobility. International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management. ISSN 1470-9511. 19(3-4), s 281- 300 . doi: 10.1504/IJATM.2019.10021998
- Andersen, Elise Rønnevig & Svennevik, Elisabeth M.C. (2018, 08. mai). Slik klarer tobarnsfamilien seg uten bil. Her er alternativene dersom du vurderer det samme. Aftenposten.
- Svennevik, Elisabeth M.C. (2018). Connecting experimental processes and systemic change: The role of car sharing in a transition towards sustainable mobility.
- Svennevik, Elisabeth M.C. (2018). From novelty to normality – understanding the uptake and use of car sharing.
- Svennevik, Elisabeth M.C. (2018). Transition towards sustainable mobility: A qualitative case study on how households use car sharing in Oslo.