Praksisplasser hos FNs befolkningsfond
FNs befolkningsfond søker praktikanter til deres kontorer i Afrika eller Asia.
Det samfunnsvitenskapelige fakultet har en avtale med FNs befolkningsfond (UNFPA) om utlysning av praksisplasser ved deres kontor i Afrika og Asia hvert semester.
UNFPA Country / Regional Offices
In Africa and Asia
Duration: 1 September - 31 December 2021
Time: The internship will be full time with an expected workload of 40 hours per week
Where: UNFPA Country and Regional Offices in Africa and Asia
Conditions: The intern will not receive a salary, but could be eligible for a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses. Costs related to travel, insurance, visa and accommodation will exclusively be covered by the applicant. UNFPA Nordic Office and relevant country office will need to see documentation of insurance coverage prior to the commencement of the internship.
Please note that the internship is subject to possible COVID-19 restrictions.
Who we are
UNFPA is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency. UNFPA is working to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled. By 2030, we aim to achieve universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights for all by:
- Ending preventable maternal death
- Ending unmet need for family planning
- Ending gender-based violence and harmful practices
For this purpose, UNFPA supports sexuality education and information; access to contraception, including condoms to protect against HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections; and access to health care during pregnancy and childbirth. UNFPA is also working to end harmful practices such as female genital mutilation and child marriage.
UNFPA supports developing countries with population data collection and analysis for national development strategies.
UNFPA’s Headquarters are located in New York. The Fund works in over 155 countries around the world. For more information on UNFPA’s work, please visit our website at www.unfpa.org.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the UNFPA Country/Regional Representative or other appointed staff, the intern will assist the Country/Regional Office. The position may include the following:
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Drafting working documents related to project management, communications etc.
2. Collecting and analyzing data.
3. Monitoring and evaluating developments
4. Other tasks in accordance with the agreed work plan.
A specific work plan with intended achievements and learning outcomes for the duration of the Internship will be agreed upon between the intern and the Country/Regional Office.
The successful intern should be ready to assist in other related duties as required, including ad hoc tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants within the following fields of study will be preferred:
- Global Health
- Economics incl. health economics
- Political Science
- Social anthropology incl. community participation
- Development studies incl. monitoring and evaluation
- Gender, incl. gender equality and gender based violence
- Human Resources Management
- Procurement, incl. supply chain management
Furthermore it is a requirement that the successful applicant:
1. Is enrolled in a Master’s programme in one of the Nordic countries; Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland; or has graduated within the last 12 months from a Nordic University; or is enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship.
2. Has proven academic progress and experience working with complex issues.
3. Is fluent in English. Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset. A solid knowledge of French for students applying for an internship in francophone countries is required..
4. Has the ability to write and work clearly and concisely and with attention to detail.
5. Takes initiative, has a sound judgment and ability to work with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon completion of the internship the Intern should have gained:
1. Increased understanding of the UN system
2. Understanding of the UNFPA work and mandate
3. Understanding of the dynamics of an Inter-Agency Programme
4. Knowledge of technical language and working procedures
5. Competences in writing and formulating documents
6. Networking skills and the ability to work as a team in a multicultural setting
For more information
Please contact Emmi Kallio, UNFPA Nordic Office, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on UNFPA:
UNFPA Strategic Plan 2018-2021
State of World Population Report 2020
Annual Report 2019
Please send your CV along with a cover letter of max 1 page indicating your preferred region – East and Southern Africa; West and Central Africa and/or Asia and the Pacific – to email@example.com.
You may also include one or two preferred countries within your chosen region. Please also indicate if you wish for your application to be suggested to another country office if your preferred country is not available.
Kindly merge the cover letter and CV into one PDF-file titled firstname.lastname.
We review applications continuously so please send your application as soon as possible, yet no later than 28 March 2021.
We recommended that you book an counseling session with The Carrier Services at the University of Oslo to examine your CV and cover letter.