Topics: Psychological oriented anthropology, person- centered ethnography, emotion work, diversity, nature and outdoor recreation, childhoods.
Regional interests: Norway (Oslo), USA
SOSANT1090 - Antropologiens historie
SOSANT2000 - Central themes in contemporary anthropology
SOSANT1300 - Economic anthropology
SOSANT3090 - Bacheloressay
Equilibrium Poems; An ethnographic study on how experiences in and with Norwegian friluftsliv challenge and nurture youths’ emotion work in everyday life.
This PhD. study seek an understanding of youth’s fight for and resistance against different forms of emotional belonging, both to places and people. The dissertation pursue new insights on urban minority youth and friluftsliv (a Norwegian term that defines certain ways of being in the outdoors, in terms of recreation and leisure) in Norway through a person-centered approach. This opens for a focus on the youths’ selves and their subjective meetings with friluftsliv, places and people. With the point of departure in participant observation, thus in “shared” experiences with the youth, I have employed the terms emotional belonging and social death. The terms grew out of and are visualized through analyzes of how youth struggle to make room for their own desires without breaking the social and moral codes laid down by people significant to them.
PhD candidate at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, 2018
Visiting Scholar, University of California, San Diego, 8 months, 2016
1. Project manager in the preparation of a report on experiences about the Oslo Recreation Council's (OOF) outdoors activities aimed at children and young people in Oslo. 2. Project manager in an evaluation done of a public health project, at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences and OOF, 2010- 2011
ICDP- Supervisor, (International Child Development Program), R-BUP, 2010
Co- researcher at The Center for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Eastern and Southern Norway (R-BUP), 2008-2009
Masters in Social Anthropology, University of Oslo, 2007
Prizes and scholarships
- The Norwegian Non-Fiction Writers and Translators Association project funding, 2019
- Fritt Ords (Free Words) script development funding, 2019
- Winner of the American Anthropological Associations’ Photo Contest, 2018, with the photo "Tasting Nature"
- Travel grant for UiO-students, University of Oslo 2006