I am postdoc at the Multimodal Imaging Group of the Norwegian Centre for Mental Disorders Research (NORMENT), Oslo University Hospital/University of Oslo.
I have a broad theoretical and experimental experience in an area of neuroimaging and magnetic resonance. On the one hand, I was working on multiple theoretical and computational aspects of solid/liquid state nuclear magnetic resonance. On the other hand, I am actively involved in computational and clinical studies, in particular, a big data analysis and development of a new instrumentation for ultra-high field magnetic resonance (MR). As a result, it allows me to use deep analogies from the different MR physics and computer science areas and successfully apply them to my ongoing projects.
Magnetic resonance imaging has become a critical and integrated part of modern medicine and diagnostics, with an increasing importance of technological developments and application of advanced neuroimaging techniques. My main research focus is an application of modern MRI modalities such as diffusion/perfusion weighted imaging, magnetic resonance spectroscopy to our running clinical studies. I try to utilise various advanced MRI approaches in order to improve a sensitivity and specificity of the big data analysis for clinical and cognitive studies, for example, such as schizophrenia and bipolar spectrum disorders or understanding of neuroplasticity mechanisms and attention and memory functions.
1994-2000 Department of Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation
2000-2004 Theoretical Department, Institute of Problems of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Chernogolovka, Rusian Federation
2007-2009 Department of Chemistry, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
2009-2014 Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine, Research Centre Juelich, Juelich, Germany
- Kremneva, Elena; Legostaeva, Ludmila; Morozova, Sofya; Sergeev, Dmitry; Sinitsyn, Dmitry; Iazeva, Elizaveta; Suslin, Aleksandr; Suponeva, Natalia; Krotenkova, Marina; Piradov, Michael & Maximov, Ivan (2019). Feasibility of Non-Gaussian Diffusion Metrics in Chronic Disorders of Consciousness. Brain Sciences. ISSN 2076-3425. 9(5), s 123 . doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/brainsci9050123
- Maximov, Ivan; Alnæs, Dag & Westlye, Lars Tjelta (2019). Towards an optimised processing pipeline for diffusion magnetic resonance imaging data: Effects of artefact corrections on diffusion metrics and their age associations in UK Biobank. Human Brain Mapping. ISSN 1065-9471. 40, s 4146- 4162 . doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/hbm.24691
- Maximov, Ivan & Vellmer, Sebastian (2019). Isotropically weighted intravoxel incoherent motion brain imaging at 7T.. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. ISSN 0730-725X. 57, s 124- 132 . doi: 10.1016/j.mri.2018.11.007 Vis sammendrag
- Moutal, Nicolas; Maximov, Ivan & Grebenkov, Denis (2019). Probing surface-to-volume ratio of an anisotropic medium by diffusion NMR with general gradient encoding. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. ISSN 0278-0062. . doi: 10.1109/TMI.2019.2902957
- Geier, Oliver; Viekilde Pfeiffer, Helle; Nguyen, Bac; Hagen Kersten, Åsmund; Moltu, Sissel Jenifer & Maximov, Ivan (2019). Survey of maturation state in premature neonates using diffusion weighted and multi-echo T2 imaging.
- Maximov, Ivan; Alnæs, Dag & Westlye, Lars Tjelta (2019). Influence of diffusion pipeline on data analysis: UK Biobank example for age-diffusion dependences.
- Maximov, Ivan & Westlye, Lars Tjelta (2019). Variability of NODDI metrics between AMICO and original NODDI in UK Biobank data.
- Moutal, Nicolas; Maximov, Ivan & Grebenkov, Denis (2019). An accurate surface-to-volume ratio estimation by general diffusion gradient waveform.
- Moutal, Nicolas; Maximov, Ivan & Grebenkov, Denis (2019). Optimized diffusion gradient waveforms for estimating surface-to-volume ratio of an anisotropic medium.
- Voldsbekk, Irene; Roelfs, Daniël Thomas Heimen; Bjørnerud, Atle; Groote, Inge Rasmus & Maximov, Ivan (2019). White matter microstructure changes as a function of time-of-day: a biomarker of accumulating sleep pressure?.
- Maximov, Ivan; Vellmer, Sebastian; Stirnberg, Rudiger & Stoecker, Tony (2018). Isotropic diffusion weighted 3D oscillating gradients at 7T.