Mari Sælid Messel
Funding and collaboration
The PhD project is funded by Southern and Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority (Helse Sør-Øst), and is a collaboration between Sunnaas Rehabilitation Hospital, Lovisenberg Diaconal Hospital and the Department of Psychology, UiO.
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Executive functions and action control
- Cognitive training
- Intervention research
- Brain-computer interfaces (BCI)
- Multimodal imaging (EEG, fMRI)
In my PhD project I am investigating the neural processes underlying and supporting executive functions, and if these processes can be altered directly via a BCI-based cognitive training program.
- 2015 - 2017: M.Phil. in Cognitive neuroscience, UiO
Multimodal Imaging and Cognitive Control lab (MICC-lab)
- Thunberg, Christina; Messel, Mari Sælid; Raud, Liisa & Huster, Rene (2020). tDCS over the inferior frontal gyri and visual cortices did not improve response inhibition. Scientific Reports. ISSN 2045-2322. . doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-62921-z Full text in Research Archive.
- Messel, Mari Sælid; Raud, Liisa; Hoff, Per Kristian; Skaftnes, Cecilie Sol & Huster, Rene (2019). Strategy switches in proactive inhibitory control and their association with task-general and stopping-specific networks. Neuropsychologia. ISSN 0028-3932. 135:107220, s 1- 11 . doi: 10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2019.107220 Full text in Research Archive.
- Messel, Mari Sælid; Huster, Rene; Nordvik, Jan Egil & Stubberud, Jan (2018). Boosting control with EEG neurofeedback.