Øystein Olav Skaar
Methodology and research designs, especially quantitative research
Long-term memory, working memory and executive functions
Processing fluency and cognitive load
Project title: “Aha-experiences and interest in mathematics education”
Based on the work of Sascha Topolinski and Rolf Reber (supervisor), the project aims to provide cognitive science new theoretical and empirical understanding on the phenomenology associated with aha-experiences (the feeling of having sudden insight).
Divided in three incremental studies, each conceived as a series of experiments or cross-sectional surveys, the project will have a general emphasis on the relationship between aha-experiences and attitudes, especially towards mathematics.
2014 – 2018: PhD research fellow in psychology at the University of Oslo
2013 – 2014: Research assistant at the University of Bergen (led by Rolf Reber)
2013 – 2014: Assistant professor, teacher ed. programme at the University of Bergen
2010 – 2012: Preschool teacher in the municipality of Bergen
2011 – 2013: Master in Education from the University of Bergen
Title of thesis: The Multimedia Expanse
2007 – 2010: Bachelor in Preschool Education from Bergen University College
- Krumsvik, Rune Johan & Skaar, Øystein Olav (2019). Schooling, educational technology and teachers’ everyday practice in Norway, In George W. Noblit (ed.), Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190264093. 23.
- Folgerø, Per Olav; Hodne, Lasse; Johansson, Christer; Andresen, Alf Edgar; Sætren, Lill Charlotte; Specht, Karsten; Skaar, Øystein Olav & Reber, Rolf (2016). Effects of facial symmetry and gaze direction on perception of social attributes: A study in experimental art history. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. ISSN 1662-5161. 10:452(2016) . doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2016.00452
- Skaar, Øystein Olav & Krumsvik, Rune Johan (2015). Multimedia discrepancies - plenary lectures as perceived by students. UNIPED. ISSN 1893-8981. 38(1), s 53- 73 Full text in Research Archive.
- Skaar, Øystein Olav (2016). Forskingsbasert multimedialæring, I: Rune Johan Krumsvik (red.), Digital læring i skole og lærerutdanning. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 9788215020495. 11. s 214 - 235
- Skaar, Øystein Olav (2014). Den misforståtte digitale kompetansen. NRK Ytring.
- Skaar, Øystein Olav & Krumsvik, Rune Johan (2013). The Multimedia Expanse.
- Skaar, Øystein & Krumsvik, Rune Johan (2013). Digital læring i førelesingar. På Høyden - nettavis for Universitetet i Bergen.