Sexual behaviour and sexual health
Although sexual health issues have been increasingly gaining legitimacy and importance, our knowledge regarding sexuality in older age is lacking. The aim of my PhD-project is to investigate the relationships between biopsychosocial processes and sexual well-being, sexual function and help-seeking behavior in older European adults.
Titel of the project is "Healthy sexual aging: A mixed-method study of sexual function and sexual well-being in older European adults".
2016 Master of Philosophy in Psychology, University of Oslo
- Fischer, Nantje & Træen, Bente (2021). Prevalence of sexual difficulties and related distress, and the association with sexual avoidance in Norway. International Journal of Sexual Health. ISSN 1931-7611. Show summary
- Træen, Bente & Fischer, Nantje (2021). Use of protection for unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections in six birth cohorts in Norway 2020: A descriptive study. Sexuality & Culture. ISSN 1095-5143. . doi: 10.1007/s12119-021-09879-w Show summary
- Træen, Bente; Fischer, Nantje & Kvalem, Ingela Lundin (2021). Sexual intercourse activity and activities associated with sexual interaction in Norwegians of different sexual orientations and ages. Sexual and Relationship Therapy. ISSN 1468-1994. . doi: 10.1080/14681994.2021.1912316 Show summary
- Træen, Bente; Fischer, Nantje & Kvalem, Ingela Lundin (2021). Sexual variety in Norwegian men and women of different sexual orientations and ages.. Journal of Sex Research. ISSN 0022-4499. Show summary
- Fischer, Nantje; Graham, Cynthia A.; Træen, Bente & Hald, Gert Martin (2021). Prevalence of Masturbation and Associated Factors Among Older Adults in Four European Countries. Archives of Sexual Behavior. ISSN 0004-0002. . doi: 10.1007/s10508-021-02071-z.
- Fischer, Nantje; Stulhofer, Aleksandar; Hald, Gert Martin; Carvalheira, Ana & Træen, Bente (2020). Sexual Satisfaction in Older Heterosexual Couples From Four European Countries: Exploring the Roles of Actual and Perceived Discrepancy in Sexual Interest. Journal of Sex Research. ISSN 0022-4499. . doi: 10.1080/00224499.2020.1809615 Show summary
- Træen, Bente; Hald, Gert Martin; Fischer, Nantje & Janssen, Erick (2020). European older adults’ use of lubricants and medications to enhance erectile function. International Journal of Sexual Health. ISSN 1931-7611. 32(2), s 81- 93 . doi: 10.1080/19317611.2020.1749210 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Fischer, Nantje; Træen, Bente; Stulhofer, Aleksandar & Hald, Gert Martin (2019). Mechanisms underlying the association between perceived discrepancy in sexual interest and sexual satisfaction among partnered older adults in four European countries.. European Journal of Ageing. ISSN 1613-9372. s 1- 12 . doi: 10.1007/s10433-019-00541-x Full text in Research Archive.
- Fischer, Nantje; Træen, Bente & Hald, Gert Martin (2018). Predicting Partnered Sexual Activity among Older Adults in Four European Countries: The Role of Attitudes, Health and Relationship Factors. Sexual and Relationship Therapy. ISSN 1468-1994. s 1- 19 . doi: 10.1080/14681994.2018.1468560 Show summary
- Fischer, Nantje & Træen, Bente (2016). Medisinstudenters intensjon om å tematisere seksualitet i behandlingsrommet. Scandinavian Psychologist. ISSN 1894-5570. 3(e14) . doi: 10.15714/scandpsychol.3.e14
- Fischer, Nantje & Træen, Bente (2020). Sexual satisfaction in older couples from four European countries: exploring the effects of actual and perceived discrepancy in sexual interest, physical affection, and emotional intimacy.
- Fischer, Nantje; Træen, Bente & Stulhofer, Aleksandar (2018). The Mechanisms between Sexual Interest and Sexual Satisfaction among Older Partnered Adults in Europe: A Moderated Mediation Model.