Sexual behaviour and sexual health
Although sexual health issues have been increasingly gaining legitimacy and importance, our knowledge regarding sexuality in older age is lacking. The aim of my PhD-project is to investigate the relationships between biopsychosocial processes and sexual well-being, sexual function and help-seeking behavior in older European adults.
Titel of the project is "Healthy sexual aging: A mixed-method study of sexual function and sexual well-being in older European adults".
2016 Master of Philosophy in Psychology, University of Oslo
- Træen, Bente; Hald, Gert Martin; Fischer, Nantje & Janssen, Erick (2020). European Older Adults’ Use of Lubricants and Medications to Enhance Erectile Function. International Journal of Sexual Health. ISSN 1931-7611. . doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/19317611.2020.1749210 Show summary
- Fischer, Nantje; Træen, Bente; Stulhofer, Aleksandar & Hald, Gert Martin (2019). Mechanisms underlying the association between perceived discrepancy in sexual interest and sexual satisfaction among partnered older adults in four European countries.. European Journal of Ageing. ISSN 1613-9372. s 1- 12 . doi: 10.1007/s10433-019-00541-x Full text in Research Archive.
- Fischer, Nantje; Træen, Bente & Hald, Gert Martin (2018). Predicting Partnered Sexual Activity among Older Adults in Four European Countries: The Role of Attitudes, Health and Relationship Factors. Sexual and Relationship Therapy. ISSN 1468-1994. s 1- 19 . doi: 10.1080/14681994.2018.1468560 Show summary
- Fischer, Nantje & Træen, Bente (2016). Medisinstudenters intensjon om å tematisere seksualitet i behandlingsrommet. Scandinavian Psychologist. ISSN 1894-5570. 3(e14) . doi: 10.15714/scandpsychol.3.e14
- Fischer, Nantje & Træen, Bente (2020). Sexual satisfaction in older couples from four European countries: exploring the effects of actual and perceived discrepancy in sexual interest, physical affection, and emotional intimacy.
- Fischer, Nantje; Træen, Bente & Stulhofer, Aleksandar (2018). The Mechanisms between Sexual Interest and Sexual Satisfaction among Older Partnered Adults in Europe: A Moderated Mediation Model.