Karine Maria Porpino Viana
My PhD research focuses on the development of child’s socio-cognition.
More precisely, my research investigates the relation between Theory of Mind and the use of Theory of Mind in social interaction with peers and teachers.
I am interested in analyzing the theoretical and methodological implications of studying children’s ability of understanding other’s mind and emotion both in the context of laboratory and during social interactions within school environment.
Higher education and employment history
Master's degree in Psychology from Department of Psychology, Federal University of Pernambuco/Brazil, February 2008
PhD-project: The relations between Theory of Mind and social interactions with peers and teachers (Supervisor: Prof. Francisco Pons)
- Pons, Francisco; Giménez-Dasí, Marta; Daniel, Marie-France; Auriac-Slusarczyk, Emmanuèle; Businaro, Nicoletta & Viana, Karine Maria (2019). Impact of a low-cost classroom dialogue-based intervention on preschool children's emotion understanding. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal. ISSN 1350-293X. 27(5), s 630- 646 . doi: 10.1080/1350293X.2019.1651961
- Viana, Karine Maria; Zambrana, Imac Maria; Karevold, Evalill Bølstad & Pons, Francisco (2019). Emotions in motion: impact of emotion understanding on children’s peer action coordination. Cognition & Emotion. ISSN 0269-9931. . doi: 10.1080/02699931.2019.1669535
- Viana, Karine Maria; Chams, Camilla & Pons, Francisco (2019). Development of the Representations of the Mother-Child Attachment Relationship in Western Literature from 1945-2018.
- Viana, Karine Maria; Zambrana, Imac Maria; Karevold, Evalill Bølstad & Pons, Francisco (2019). What is Theory of Mind for? Impact of children's understanding of the mind on their social interactions and performance in cooperative problem-solving tasks.
- Viana, Karine Maria; Zambrana, Imac Maria; Veraksa, A; Karevold, Evalill Bølstad & Pons, Francisco (2019). Attachment style and information seeking preference in young adults.