Ida S. Bernhardt
Therapist characteristics/ therapist development
Psychoanalytic theory/ attachment theory
Psychoanalytic interpretation of fictional literature
The project “The significance of Therapists` Personal Experience and Qualities” is a subproject of the larger research project “The Art and Science of Conducting Psychotherapy – how collaborative action between client and therapist generates and sustains productive life change” developed and led by PHD/ associate professor Marit Råbu at Department of Psychology/ UiO together with PhD/ Professor II Christian Moltu, University of Bergen, and Professor John McLeod, University of Abertay, Dundee, Scotland.
The PhD-project aims to understand more of therapist expertise – why some psychotherapists appear to be more successful than others in promoting change and improvement in patients, and how their personal characteristics and self-understanding are integrated in their therapeutic stance and therapeutic actions.
PhD-candidate at Institute of Psychology/ UiO 2014 – 2018
Cand. Psychol (master`s degree) 2004/ Department of Psychology/ UiO
Clinical specialization (Norwegian Psychological Association) in adult psychology
Extensive clinical experience from treating mental illness in adults, at both in- and outpatient settings
Candidate at the Norwegian Psychoanalytic Institute
Cand. mag (BA) degree (1996) with the range of subjects: History, Media and Communication & East-Asia studies
- Bernhardt, Ida S.; Nissen-Lie, Helene A; Moltu, Christian; Mcleod, John & Råbu, Marit (2018). "It's both a strength and a drawback." How therapists' personal qualities are experienced in their professional work. Psychotherapy Research. ISSN 1050-3307. . doi: 10.1080/10503307.2018.1490972
- Bernhardt, Ida S.; Moltu, Christian; Nissen-Lie, Helene A & Råbu, Marit (2018). Feeling at home in theory – an echo of the therapist’s personal history in the professional domain.
- Axelsen, Eva Dalsgaard; Benum, Kirsten; Bernhardt, Ida S.; Gullestad, Siri Erika; Halvorsen, Margrethe Seeger; Hartmann, Ellen Johanne; Haavind, Hanne; Killingmo, Bjørn; Von der Lippe, Anna Louise; Mauseth, Tori; Monsen, Jon Trygve; Mossige, Svein; Nissen-Lie, Helene A; Oddli, Hanne; Reichelt, Sissel; Rø, Frida Gullestad; Rønnestad, Michael Helge; Råbu, Marit; Tjersland, Odd Arne; Stänicke, Line Indrevoll; Strømme, Hanne; Sveaas, Nora; Zachrisson, Anders & Øiestad, Guro (2017). Historien Psykologtidsskriftet ikke forteller. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. ISSN 0332-6470. 54(12), s 1197- 1199
- Moltu, Christian; Råbu, Marit & Bernhardt, Ida S. (2016). The places that I shouldn´t go: Exploring good therapists´experiences of the areas in which they function poorly.
- Moltu, Christian; Råbu, Marit; Nordberg, Samuel Schieffelin & Bernhardt, Ida S. (2015). Developing mixed methods to research: How collaborative action between client and therapist generates and sustains productive life change.