Cand.Psychol (1974), and Dr.Philos.(1993) at UoO. Full Professor since 1995. Specialist in clinical psychology since 1984.
Professional activities last 10 years:
- Dean, The Faculty of Social Sciences, UoO (2012-2015)
- Professor, the Department of Psychology, UoO (1995-2011).
- Chair of the programme Board: “Norway as a Global Partner (NORGLOBAL), the Norwegian Research Council (NFR) (2009-2011).
- Professor II. The National Centre for Addiction Research (SERAF), Faculty of Medicine, UoO (2008-2011).
- Chair of the Board of the International Summer School (ISS), UiO (2008-2011).
- Chair of the board of the Norwegian Programme for Education, Research and Development (NUFU), and the Norwegian Master Programme (NOMA), Centre for the Internationalisation of Studies (NORAD/SIU) (2006-2011).
- Chair of the Board for the Norwegian Centre for Minority Health Research (NAKMI), Oslo (2003-2011)
- Chair of the North-South Comittee, UoO, (2008-2011).
- Head of the Department of Psychology, UoO (2001-2007).
- Shortlisted as Rector candidate, UoO (2005)
- Visiting Professor, The University of Limpopo, South Africa (1997-2003)
- Effects of negative media exposure.
- Social capital and treatment of HIV-positive persons in South Africa.
- Early intervention and prevention of drop out in the treatment of substance abusers
- Academic capacity building in African universities
- Early intervention and prevention of drop-out in treatment of substance abuse
- Internet based therapy
- Communication and leadership
- Food and culture