Clinical child and adolescent psychology, in particular developmental psychopathology, attachment theory, neuropsychology and family dynamics. I am also interested in evolutionary psychology, especially in relation to differential emotion theory and developmental psychology.
Among other interests is therapy research in general, as well as the planning and organisation of psychological health services. Specifically, I am interested in the integration of clinical pathways with systematic individualisation of treatment through assessment and case formulation. I am also interested in the Rorschach inkblot method and in play, immersion and pretence as psychological phenomena.
I am participating in a research project on the treatment of adolescent depression. The Research and development department and the Department of child and adolescent mental health services at Akershus university hospital are collaborating to conduct a randomised, controlled trial of a family-based intervention for adolescents with depressive disorders. My planned Ph. D. thesis concerns moderators and mediators of treatment effect.
Higher education and employment history
Cand. psychol. at the Department of Psychology, UiO, spring 2011
The National Program for Integrated Clinical Specialist and PhD-training for Psychologists, the Department of Psychology/AHUS, january 2012
- Israel, Pravin & Rognli, Erling (2017). Tilknytningsbasert familieterapi, I: Helene Eng; Sigrun K. Ertesvåg; Ivar Frønes & John Kjøbli (red.), Den krevende foreldrerollen. Gyldendal Akademisk. ISBN 978-82-05-50088-4. Kapittel 6.
- Rognli, Erling Wright; Waraan, Luxsiya; Czajkowski, Nikolai Olavi; Solbakken, Ole Andre & Aalberg, Marianne (2020). Conflict with Parents in Adolescent Depression: Associations with Parental Interpersonal Problems and Depressive Symptoms. Child Psychiatry and Human Development. ISSN 0009-398X. . doi: 10.1007/s10578-020-00955-0 Show summary
- Rognli, Erling W.; Villabø, Marianne & Czajkowski, Nikolai Olavi (2019). Discrepant Reports of Parent-adolescent Conflict is Associated with Hopelessness in Adolescent Depression.
- Waraan, Luxsiya; Rognli, Erling W.; Mehlum, Lars; Czajkowski, Nikolai Olavi & Villabø, Marianne (2019). The efficacy of psychotherapy for suicidal ideation in youth.
- Waraan, Luxsiya; Rognli, Erling W.; Mehlum, Lars; Czajkowski, Nikolai Olavi & Villabø, Marianne (2018). The association between Attachment Style to Father and Suicidal Ideation in Adolescents with Depression..
- Johnson, Sverre Urnes & Rognli, Erling (2015). Trenger mer gyldig kunnskap om effekten av psykoterapi. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. ISSN 0332-6470. 52(2), s 148- 148
- Johnson, Sverre Urnes & Rognli, Erling (2014). Empiri, ikke personlig smak. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. ISSN 0332-6470. 51(12), s 1045- 1052