My research focus is in elementary cognitive processes with respect to the development of relational knowledge investigating representations of relational motives and preferences in preverbal infants.
In addition, I am interested in research with adult populations concerning cognitive complexity and flexibility in relational space, perceptual autonomy, and discourse relating to the themes of belonging and identity within society.
MPhil Psychoanalytic Studies, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
BA Computer Science, Linguistics & French, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- Prendergast, Claire Nicole (2019). Infant Understanding of Different Forms of Social Exclusion. Brain Sciences. ISSN 2076-3425. 9(9) . doi: 10.3390/brainsci9090227
- Prendergast, Claire Nicole; Eftedal, Nikolai Haahjem; Ikonomeas, Alexander Gustav Fredriksen; Brun, Aurora; Huth, Håkon & Bredesen, Marit (2019). The Norwegian version of the five factor narcissism inventory for vulnerable narcissism and the grandiose narcissism subscale of indifference: Psychometric properties of the long‐ and short‐form versions. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. ISSN 0036-5564. . doi: 10.1111/sjop.12569
- Kunst, Jonas R.; Bailey, April; Prendergast, Claire Nicole & Gundersen, Aleksander (2018). Sexism, rape myths and feminist identification explain gender differences in attitudes toward the #metoo social media campaign in two countries. Media Psychology. ISSN 1521-3269. . doi: 10.1080/15213269.2018.1532300
- Fitzpatrick, Marilyn; Henson, Alisha; Grumet, Robin; Poolokasinghman, Gauthamie; Foa, Clare; Comeau, Thea & Prendergast, Claire Nicole (2016). Challenge, focus, inspiration and support: Processes of values clarification and congruence.. Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science. ISSN 2212-1447. 5(1), s 7- 15 . doi: 10.1016/j.jcbs.2016.02.001
- Prendergast, Claire Nicole (2016). In the intimacy of my “enaction”: Modeling kohut’s “bipolar self” as an autopoietic system: A dialectic approach to phenomenological research in contemporary psychoanalytic self psychology. Psychoanalytic Review. ISSN 0033-2836. 103(3), s 317- 339 . doi: 10.1521/prev.2016.103.3.317
- O'Rourke, Breffni; Prendergast, Claire Nicole; Shi, Lijing; Smith, Bryan & Stickler, Ursula (2015). Eyetracking in CALL – present and future, In Ana María Gimeno Sanz; Mike Levy; Françoise Blin & David Barr (ed.), WorldCALL: Sustainability and Computer-Assisted Language Learning. Bloomsbury Academic. ISBN 9781474248303. Chapter 16.