Postdoktor - Klinisk psykologi
Phone +47 22845109
Other affiliations Department of Psychology
- Causes of suicidal behaviour, risk and protective factors, drug collecting behaviour among patients with a history of deliberate self-poisoning, diversity in trajectories leading to as well as following crises
- Causal models for repeat episodes of depression, relation between depression and suicidality
- Treatment of depression and suicidality
- Mindfulness-based interventions for patients with repeat episodes of depression and deliberate self-harm
- Developmental psychopathology, risk and resilience, challenges in translational research, e.g.; from causal findings to efficient preventive interventions
- Multi-method designs
Higher education and employment history
- Bergljot Gjelsvik is a PhD candidate at the Department of Psychology, UiO, Gjelsvik’s position being part of a programme combining research with clinical specialization towards becoming a consultant clinical psychologist.
- Gjelsvik has initiated and currently works with the research project “After the suicide attempt. A longitudinal study of suicidal careers and effects of aftercare”. The purpose of the study is to investigate causes of suicidal behaviour, with particular emphasis on mechanisms underpinning continuing risk for repeat episodes of suicidal behaviour over time.
- As part of her clinical training towards becoming a consultant clinical psychologist, Gjelsvik is reading for the MSt in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) at Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, UK.
Published Sep. 21, 2010 10:01 AM - Last modified July 8, 2019 2:04 PM