Joyce Anthonia Ojokojo
Researcher - Metode, arbeids-, kultur- og sosialpsyk
Phone +47 22845228
Available hours By agreement
Visiting address Forskningsveien 3A Harald Schjelderups hus 0373 OSLO
Postal address Postboks 1094 Blindern 0317 Oslo
Other affiliations The International Summer School (Student)
- I am currently working on a health project about unequal access within healthcare and social-care systems in Norway.
Areas of work:
- Research areas: Gender, Immigration, refugees crisis and integration. Gaps in user's (minority & non-minority women exposed to partner violence) access to healthcare, social care systems and the Judiciary. Intercultural competence and integrated response systems. Cross-cultural research & interventions; partner violence, Nigeria’s #ArewaMetoo and Norway’s Me-too movements, mental health, diversity, equity & inclusion among persons with immigrant backgrounds (Men, LGBTQ/non-binary groups, Women and Persons Living with Disabilities).
Digital kampanje om kvinner utsatt for partnervold, 2021
- Project leader: Beate Seibt, and I am the Project coordinator
- Main Goals: Raise awareness and support women exposed to partner violence
- Sub-goals: Increase the local community's awareness of partner violence and the way out
- Increase the intercultural competence skills of service providers in their encounters with users with immigrant backgrounds through customized training
Not Real Rape?
- Predictors of Intimate Partner Sexual Violence and Attitudes towards the me-too movements in Nigeria and Norway; UiO Thesis
- 2018 - 2020: Joint Erasmus Mundus Master in the Psychology of Global Mobility Inclusion and Diversity in Society (Global MINDS); the University of Oslo, ISCTE-IUL, & University of Limerick, Ireland
- 2009-2013: BSc. Psychology, Lagos State University (LASU), Nigeria
- 2021-present: Researcher, University of Oslo
- 2014-2018: Project manager within the international development sector (ActionAid, USAID, Global Fund HIV, Society for Family Health, Catholic Relief Services, Society for Community Development, and Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria).
Areas of work:
- Project areas: Mental health and Psychosocial Support, Emergencies, Health/HIV/AIDS, Gender, Sexual and Gender-based Violence (SGBV), and Female Sex Work, Child and Adolescent Mental health.
- 2019: Cross-cultural Methods and Diversity & Inclusion Intervention; Summer school, Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2019-2020: Project Support Specialist, Mental health and Human Rights Info, Oslo (Global-MINDS Internship). Delivered customized webinars for organizations and others working in areas where mental health services are scarce.
- 2018-2020 cohort: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship in Global Mobility Inclusion and Diversity in Society (Global-MINDS)
- 2018-2019: Johnson & Johnson MSc. Global Mental Health Scholarships; London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), and King's College London (KCL)-declined
- 2021: Erasmus Mundus Intercultural Trainer Scholarship
Cristin returned 'not found'
Published Nov. 15, 2021 3:29 PM - Last modified June 7, 2022 12:42 PM