Armed conflict, political violence, gender, conflict-related sexual violence, civil society, international responses to armed conflict, women's rights, Colombia, mixed methods
Postdoctoral Researcher in Political Science, University of Gothenburg, Sweden (Mar-Sep 2020)
PhD Political Science, University of Gothenburg, Sweden (2019)
MA Political Science, University of Pittsburgh, USA (2015)
MA Political Science, Western Washington University, USA (2010)
BA British and American Studies (major), Text Technology (minor), University of Bielefeld, Germany (2007)
Centre for Gender Resarch, University of Oslo, Norway (2020)
Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia (2018)
Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO), Oslo, Norway (2017)
Anne-Kathrin Kreft has also worked as project manager in higher education research and consulting, and she has completed short-term positions and internships at KfW Development Bank (Frankfurt, Germany), German Agency for International Cooperation, GIZ (Lusaka, Zambia), the German Federal Foreign Office (Berlin, Germany) and the World Federation of United Nations Associations (New York, USA).
Christiane-Rajewsky-Prize for PhD dissertation "Sexual Violence in Armed Conflict: Threat, Mobilization and Gender Norms", German Association for Peace and Conflict Studies (2020)
James Caporaso Best Paper Award for "Authoritarian Institutions and Women's Rights" (co-authored with Daniela Donno), Comparative Political Studies (2020)
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin; Ezgi, Irgil; Lee, Myunghee; Willis, Charmaine & Kelebogile, Zvobgo (2021). Field Research: A Graduate Student's Guide. International Studies Review. ISSN 1521-9488. Fulltekst i vitenarkiv. Vis sammendrag
- Schulz, Philipp & Kreft, Anne-Kathrin (2021). Researching conflict-related sexual violence: a conversation between early-career researchers. International Feminist Journal of Politics. ISSN 1461-6742.
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin (2020). Civil Society Perspectives on Sexual Violence in Conflict: Patriarchy and War Strategy in Colombia. International Affairs. ISSN 0020-5850. 96(2), s 457- 478
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin; Towns, Ann E.; Jezierska, Katarzyna & Niklasson, Birgitta (2020). COVID-19 and Gender: A Necessary Connection in Diplomatic Studies. The Hague Journal of Diplomacy. ISSN 1871-1901. 15(4), s 636- 647
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin (2019). Responding to Sexual Violence: Women's Mobilization in War. Journal of Peace Research. ISSN 0022-3433. 26(2), s 220- 233
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin & Agerberg, Mattias (2019). Gendered Conflict, Gendered Outcomes: The Politicization of Sexual Violence and Quota Adoption. Journal of Conflict Resolution. ISSN 0022-0027. 64(2-3), s 290- 317
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin & Donno, Daniela (2019). Authoritarian Institutions and Women's Rights. Comparative Political Studies. ISSN 0010-4140. 52(5), s 720- 753
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin (2017). The Gender Mainstreaming Gap: Security Council Resolution 1325 and UN Peacekeeping Mandates. International Peacekeeping. ISSN 1353-3312. 24(1), s 132- 158
- Kreft, Anne-Kathrin (2019). How Does Civil Society Understand Conflict-Related Sexual Violence? Perspectives from Women Activists in Colombia.