Sverke Runde Saxegaard
My doctoral research project is on Multilateral Peace Operations (MPOs). I look at the conceptualization and operationalization of MPO-success, and the mechanisms and processes that lead to various outcomes in peace operations. In this project I am furthermore interested in how the pressence of Peace Keepers change the incentives and perceptions of conflict actors. I am also interested in international relations and political violence in general. If you are a MA-student looking for a supervisor, send me an email!
- Political Violence and security politics
- Multilateral Peace Operations
- Civil War
- Causes of War
- Game Theory
- Mixed Methods
- INTER1000 - Introduction to international relations
- STV1200 International Politics
- INTER2000 Case Work in International Studies
- STV2230 - International Security Policy
- PECOS4021 - Research Methods
- PECOS4022 - Applied Statistics in Peace and Conflict Studies
- STV1020 - Research methods and Statistics
- STV2250 - International Environmental and resource-politics
- STV2310 - Politics and Development
- STV4288 - Security Politics in Africa
- STV4020A - Research Methods and Statistics
- PECOS4010 - Conflict and State Building
2020 - 2021 Executive Administrative Officer - UiO
2017 - 2020 Research and administrative Assistant - PRIO
2016 - 2019 MA Peace and Conflict Studies - UiO
- Master Thesis: The War That Wasn't: Explaining Relative Peacefulness. In my Master Thesis I looked at the causes for civil war by looking at a negative case. In other words, a case where one should expect to see civil war, but where no civil war occured. I looked at the political history of Zanzibar 1990-2010, and did a short field work (five weeks).
2014 - 2016 BA International Relations - UiO
Social Media and other research communication
Occasionally, I write things:
April 2020 "I skyggen av massedød og økonomisk kollaps". An early look at the potential geopolitical consequences of Covid-19.
October 2017 "Hvordan Unngå et splittet Europa". Op-ed on the Catalonian independence movement.
I have also done a Podcast-episode for the Norwegian Podcast "Konflikt".