- International studies
- Public policy
- Energy policy and security
- Climate policy and governance (national, European, global)
- Environmental politics
- EU and Central-East European politics
- Qualitative and textual methods
- Dissent, protest - transnational social movements
Higher education and employment history
- Senior Researcher (1183), Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, May 2020-present
- Research Professor (part-time), Center for Energy Research, Norwegian Institute for International Affairs (NUPI)
- Senior Researcher, Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, 2019-2020
- Visiting fellow, Department of History and Civilization (HEC), EUI Florence, May 2019
- Assistant professor, Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, 2014-2019
- Visiting fellow, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, EUI Florence, 2017
- Dahrendorf Postdoctoral Fellow, Hertie School of Governance, Berlin, 2013
- Guest Researcher, Department of Climate Policy, German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin), 2013
- Researcher, Cluster of Excellence “Cultural Foundations of Integration”, University of Konstanz, 2008-2012
- Research Coordinator, Environmental Studies and Policy Research Institute (ESPRi), Wroclaw, 2010-present
- Intern, Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM), VU Amsterdam, 2008
- Ph.D., University of Konstanz, summa cum laude (2012)
- M.Sc., Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, cum laude (2008)
- Erasmus, Political Science / IR, University of Oslo (2006-2007)
- Studies in International Relations and Sociology, Warsaw University (2003-2007)
- Social psychology, Warsaw School of Social Sciences and Humanities (2003-2004)
- Graduate seminars at ETH Zurich, PRIO and National University-Kyiv Mohyla Academy (2008-2009)
- Fellow, Earth System Governance Project
- Member, "Climate Strategies"
- Editor, "Kultura Liberalna"
- Editorial board, "Energy Research and Social Science"
- Editorial board, "Czech Journal of Contemporary History"
- Editor, "ESPRi Working Papers"
- Fellow, Nuclear Crisis research network