I am interested in the practices of social movements, mainly from a geographical and socio-spatial perspective. My PhD focuses particularly on mobilisations around the neoliberalisation of public service like privatisation through the lenses of two different movements - a local urban social movement from Johannesburg and a global union representing workers from different countries. Besides the struggles of labour and communities seeking access to services, I have previously researched neoliberal policies and state power particularly linked to the reform of water services. If you have any further questions or comments, please get in touch.
- SGO2400 - Politisk geografi (emneansvarlig)
- SGO2200 - Economic globalisation and regional development
- SGO3300 - Sør i en globaliserende verden
- SGO4403 - Political geographies of work
- Magdahl, Jørgen Eiken & Jordhus-Lier, David Christoffer (2020). Labour internationalism and the public sector: The case of the Public Services International. Political Geography. ISSN 0962-6298. 79(May 2020) . doi: 10.1016/j.polgeo.2020.102146
- Magdahl, Jørgen Eiken (2019, 02. desember). 'En ny internasjonalisme'. Kronikk om hvordan fagforeninger i offentlig sektor benytter ulike former for globale strategier og maktmidler. Link: https://www.sv.uio.no/iss/om/aktuelt/i-media/2019/en-ny-internasjonalisme.html. Klassekampen.