Conference funding for master and PhD-students
Nordic Migration Research offer conference funding for master and PhD-students who are selected to present in one of the workshops at the 18th Nordic Migration Conference.
NMR Conference Travel Grant 2016
NMR was pleased to receive 54 applications. Among the applicants the following five were selected:
1. Xinrong Ma, University of Leiden: “Ethnic Trap” or “Free Employment”? Internal Migration, Class Relations and Co-Ethnic Brokerage in China’s Precarious Labour Market
2. Caterina Mazzilli, University of Sussex: “Not just Detention Centres. Riace’s Accoglienza Diffusa as a Possible Alternative to Asylum Seekers Reception”
3. Catherine (“Sal”) Thorkelson, Princeton University: Political (dis)engagement among the migrant second generation.
4. Radoslaw Polkowski, University of Strathclyde: Migration, ethnicity and local structures of feeling: the case of Polish migrant workers in Northern Ireland and Scotland
5. Morten Stinus Kristensen, University of Illinois: Screening Difference: The Refugee Crisis on Danish Television