Application and scholarship
Both master’s degree students and researchers at the University of Oslo are eligible to apply for support.
Twice a year, master's level students can apply for grants of 30,000 NOK for work on master's theses having topics related to Oslo. Researchers can also apply for financial support and can receive a larger grant.
Many topics and subject areas are relevant, and all interesting project proposals (5-7 pages) will be given serious consideration. Relevant topics include: health, environment and living conditions, housing conditions, minority cultures, history, architecture, language and public policy.
Please note that all applicants must be affiliated with the University of Oslo. The scholarship is advertised twice a year with application deadlines 15 February in the spring semester and 15 September in the autumn semester.
NB! Spring 2020 only master students can apply, research projects are not going to be supported in this round, unfortunately.
How to apply for a scholarship/grant for research
The topic of the research must be related to Oslo. This is a mandatory requirement.
Applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a completely filled-out Application form
- a summary of your project outline, maximum 200 words. The summary must be submitted on a separate sheet, labelled with the project’s title and the applicant's name.
- a separate project description of up to 4-5 pages including a bibliographical reference list (see separate point below)
- For master’s level students: a transcript of marks from the place of learning (in PDF or from the Diploma portal; no photo images or screen shots)
- For master’s degree students: a recommendation from your academic advisor
The project description must contain:
- The project's content and research question (what will be addressed) and an assessment of feasibility
- Relevance for Osloforskning
- Theoretical frame
- Data and method to be used
- Ethical considerations on the design of the project
Note: All attachments must be uploaded to the Web Form in PDF format. We receive the application electronically when you press "submit".