- Cand.agric (M.S.), Department of economics and social sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway, 1998. Main subjects include development economics, resource economics and international trade.
- Project Coordinator, AdaptationCONNECTS, August 2016 -
- Project Leader, Future Earth Norway Secretariat, June 2015 - August 2016
- Project Leader, University of Oslo, 2010 - 2014
- Project Leader, Global Environmental Change and Human Security (GECHS) project, University of Oslo, 2007-2010.
- Research Fellow, Center for International Climate and Environmental Research - Oslo, 1999-2007.
- Seminar Teacher, Department of economics and social sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 1997.
Expertice and competence
Linda Sygna has been working in the climate change field for more than 15 years. Her research has focused on the social and human dimensions of climate change, with particular emphasis on adaptation and transformations towards sustainability. She has been involved in the work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change since 2008 and the Global Change Programmes, now including Future Earth.
She has experience in organizing innovative projects and events, including successful international conferences, preparing research proposals, and managing projects. She has extensive networks in Norway and internationally, and is familiar with international research processes.
- Guest editor for the Special Issue "1.5°C Climate Change and Social Transformation" (Issue 2, 2018) in Current Opinion on Environmental Sustainability (COSUST).
- Member of the Reference Group to the Transformations2015 conference, Stockholm, Sweden, 5-7 October, 2015.
- Member of the Steering Comittee of the SREX IPCC outreach event to take place in South Africa, 21-23 October, 2013.
- Project Leader, International Conference "Transformation in a Changing Climate", 19-21 June, 2013, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
- Project Leader, "Extreme Dialogue on Climate Extremes", 18 June, 2013, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
- Reviewer, the Fifth Assessemnt Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Review Editor, Chapter 7, Managing the Risks: International Level and Integration across Scales, IPCC Special Report on Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation, 2012.
- Contributing Author, Chapter 8, Towards a Sustainable and Resilient Future, IPCC Special Report on Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation, 2012.