Emma Mary Louisa Arnold
Emma Arnold (BSc, MSc, PgDip, PhD) is an artist and human geographer whose work touches on cultural and urban geography, geohumanities, environmental issues, and the arts. She uses photography and artistic/aesthetic methods to explore a range of topics from graffiti and street art to environmental activism in the city. She is passionate about exploring and building theory, experimenting with methods, and art in all its diverse forms.
- Aesthetic politics
- Artistic/aesthetic methods
- Climate activism/artivism
- Climate fiction and literary geography
- Graffiti and street art
- Urban photography
More about her work here: http://emmaarnold.org
More about her postdoctoral project here: http://laxlab.org
- Arnold, Emma (2021). Mercurial images of the COVID-19 city, In Rianne van Melik; Pierre Filion & Brian Doucet (ed.), Global Reflections on COVID-19 and Cities, Volume 3: Public Space and Mobility. Bristol University Press. ISBN 978-1529219005. Chapter 19. s 199 - 212
- Arnold, Emma (2021). Photography, composition, and the ephemeral city. Area (London 1969). ISSN 0004-0894. . doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/area.12725
- Arnold, Emma (2019). Aesthetics of zero tolerance. City: analysis of urban trends, culture, theory, policy, action. ISSN 1360-4813. 23(2), s 143- 169 . doi: 10.1080/13604813.2019.1615758
- Arnold, Emma (2018). Aesthetic Appreciation of Tagging, In Thomas Elmqvist; Xuemei Bai; Niki Frantzeskaki; Corrie Griffith; David Maddox; Timon McPhearson; Susan Parnell; Patricia Romero-Lankao; David Simon & Mark Watkins (ed.), Urban Planet: Knowledge towards Sustainable Cities. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9781316647554. Chapter 33. s 400 - 403 Full text in Research Archive.
- Arnold, Emma (2018). Aesthetic practices of psychogeography and photography. Geography Compass. ISSN 1749-8198. 13(2), s 1- 17 . doi: 10.1111/gec3.12419
- Arnold, Emma (2013). Sustainability implications of textile graffiti in public spaces, In Nancy Duxbury (ed.), Animation of public space through the arts. Toward more sustainable communitites. Livraria Almedina. ISBN 9789724053004. Del 1. s 175 - 183
- Arnold, Emma (2020, 23. september). Aktivistforsker: Kunst og aktivisme gir folk en ventil for klimaangsten sin (by Marte Dæhlen). [Internett]. Forskning.no.
- Arnold, Emma (2020). Art + activism = ARTIVISM.
- Arnold, Emma (2020). Book review: Graffiti and street art: Reading, Writing, and Representing the City, Edited by Konstantinos Avramidis and Myrto Tslilimpounidi. Urban Studies. ISSN 0042-0980. . doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0042098019898406
- Arnold, Emma (2020). Gold foil and angels on the streets of Berlin: Art/photography and climate activism — Cancelled due to Coronavirus pandemic.
- Arnold, Emma (2020). Oslo to London by train: An academic, artistic, and climate activist performance — Withdrawn due to Coronavirus pandemic.
- Arnold, Emma (2020). Revealing/concealing/appealing through artistic photography of the climate activist movement — Cancelled due to Coronavirus pandemic.
- Arnold, Emma (2019). An introduction to photography and theory-building.
- Arnold, Emma (2019, 24. mai). Byrommet er seksualisert og kvinnefiendtlig (by Anne Bitsch). [Internett]. Kilden.
- Arnold, Emma (2019). Crossing lines: Climate activism, Extinction Rebellion, and disrupting the city through non-violent direct action.
- Arnold, Emma (2019, 23. oktober). Forlot forskningen i flyskam (by Roya Shahibzadeh). Universitas.
- Arnold, Emma (2019). La olja ligge — Let the oil be! Oil and the aesthetic politics of climate activism in Oslo.
- Arnold, Emma (2019). Love and rage! Oslo to London by train (and back).
- Arnold, Emma (2019). Moderator for panel debate on sustainability, Norwegian national identity, and outdoor advertising.
- Arnold, Emma (2019). Panel discussion about Oslo and the European Green Capital Award.
- Arnold, Emma (2019, 05. juni). The urban space is sexualised and misogynistic (by Anne Bitsch). [Internett]. Kilden.
- Arnold, Emma (2018). Book review: Routledge Handbook of Graffiti and Street Art, Edited by Jeffrey Ian Ross. Journal of Urban Design. ISSN 1357-4809. . doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13574809.2018.1533400
- Arnold, Emma (2016). Women`s right to the city.